Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.57 Average
25-09-2016, 06:34 PM
RE: Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...
(25-09-2016 06:19 PM)yakherder Wrote:  This is why we need virtual reality.

[Image: 4EzFyfI.jpg]

This could save lives.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
25-09-2016, 07:52 PM
(25-09-2016 02:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: CtNuhkDUkAALcCS.jpg:large]

I wonder if he inspired Cartman?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-09-2016, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2016 08:18 PM by Fireball.)
...just one...more...domino... No

This will be good practice for where he may end up. Maybe he'll be able to accommodate a Galaxy Core Prime phone- http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_c...e-6716.php

...a full 2.75" wide. Gasp Facepalm
25-09-2016, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2016 11:05 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(08-09-2016 11:48 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-09-2016 11:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How in the fuck did lightning strike a car? Between the other much larger and close by metal structures with a direct connection to the ground, and that SUV's rubber tires insulating it, how in the fucking hell was it the path of least resistance?

God's will.

(08-09-2016 11:54 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Good point, EK.

I was wondering about an, er, attractive static charge on the car but the weather looks wrong for that.

Watched many times to try to see the actual strike point but framing not reliable on my tablet. But it does seem to exit near the exhaust.

Wonder what happened to the occupants? Hopefully the current flowed through the skin of the vehicle, as it does in most aircraft strikes, leaving the occupants merely shitting themselves!

(08-09-2016 12:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Lightning strikes vehicles all the time. It appears that it had been raining, so the tires could be good and wet. In any event, the tires aren't any more insulation than that of the atmosphere between the vehicle and the other end of the bolt. An automobile is actually a pretty good place to be when there is lightning. Most of the energy will follow the metal around the occupants. The Electromagnetic Pulse appears to have trashed the vehicle's electronics, since it rolled to a stop.

(08-09-2016 02:19 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Similar to my conclusions in the end. But I forgot the effect of the EMP on the electronics. Mind still stuck in the days when I could identify everything under the bonnet/hood and fix most of them! Can't even adjust the timing or fuel/air ratio on my Toyota Shopping Trolley without a computer!

(08-09-2016 02:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I always chuckle at stuff like this.....

Look -- that lightning bolt just jumped 2 miles of air -- which has a far greater resistance than 3/8 of an inch of rubber. And remember -- those tires also have about 5 lbs of stainless steel wound through them .... (steel belted radials)....

Those tires ain't squat.

(08-09-2016 02:58 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Apart from that the thing that makes tyres black is carbon, a fair conductor at high voltage. In my last job we had trouble finding people who could make rubber that was a sufficient insulator for lining pipes in electromagnetic fluid flow measuring units!

We actually used rubber cups as part of an eletrostatic screening component. Very high voltages drive currents that run through such materials. Try measuring the resistance of a car ignition lead with, basically, a carbon core conductor!

Fuck all y'all! Tongue

It was a digitally edited video, created to be viral marketing bait.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-09-2016, 11:39 PM
(25-09-2016 06:02 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 02:56 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'll repeat a question I never get an answer to: If you carry guns because you don't trust other people with guns why should I trust you?

I was in the scrap metal business for a couple of years. One day I drove into a yard I had sold to a number of times and the man came out with a gun on his hip. I drove out and went else where.
Sensible, pagan, sensible!

We were told, in the RAF, "Only carry a gun if you are prepared to use it." They spent a lot of time and effort "preparing" us.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
26-09-2016, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2016 11:24 AM by Shai Hulud.)
[Image: uMsnlkk.jpg]

[Image: 3bNHmjb.jpg]

[Image: QTH6DYz.jpg]

Edit: And for tonight's debate:
[Image: hU6U3ZJ.jpg]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Shai Hulud's post
26-09-2016, 01:54 PM
[Image: sZ6r5uT.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
26-09-2016, 02:20 PM
(26-09-2016 09:54 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Edit: And for tonight's debate:

Aw, why didn't someone configure it as a dart board or a roulette wheel so we could place bets or roll dice for options!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
26-09-2016, 03:28 PM
(26-09-2016 02:20 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 09:54 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Edit: And for tonight's debate:

Aw, why didn't someone configure it as a dart board or a roulette wheel so we could place bets or roll dice for options!

Or a drinking game!!

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
26-09-2016, 04:23 PM
[Image: EJmt0rV.gif]
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post