Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.57 Average
06-01-2015, 05:41 AM
RE: Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwgUQxJRZfskmVRz5U0pC...ww3sQAztcg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-01-2015, 06:41 AM
[Image: Eye_of_Sauron_Guys_Seriously_Give_the_ri...e_9buz.jpg]

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
08-01-2015, 05:03 AM
Video game companies nowadays:
[Image: It-compiles.png]

Random batman I found on google:
[Image: 790186f16c049087938a12269e8cf200.jpg]

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 5 users Like Im_Ryan's post
08-01-2015, 09:08 AM
(06-01-2015 05:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 05:12 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: 3873fa173b85e1fc10240fb17cdae2.gif]

I'd like that 100 times if I could. One of my all time biggest tech-fiction pet peeves.

That reminds me of a show I watched where the big twist was messages being encoded in innocuous pictures (possible). Then they had to go and explain the technicalities by showing how it "worked". They'd zoom in on the image until the pixels were so huge you'd only get several on the screen, and inside one of the pixels was a super-fine resolution message (impossible).

I mean, I guess that would be possible if you blew up a normal image to gigantic proportions and drew a normal-res message in a pixel. That would "work" so long as no one noticed the several GB file size and didn't view the image using a program that didn't auto-scale the image to fit to screen. Fuck.
08-01-2015, 09:13 AM
[Image: xl0r0lx.jpg]

孤独 - The Out Crowd
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
08-01-2015, 09:18 AM
(08-01-2015 09:13 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  [Image: xl0r0lx.jpg]

I don't get the Harry Potter reference Huh since I'm not a Potterian

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-01-2015, 09:20 AM
(08-01-2015 09:18 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 09:13 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  [Image: xl0r0lx.jpg]

I don't get the Harry Potter reference Huh since I'm not a Potterian

In the first book(s) (and before the start of the actual story), Harry is forced to live under the stairs by his uncle and aunt. Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
08-01-2015, 09:29 AM
(08-01-2015 09:08 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 05:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'd like that 100 times if I could. One of my all time biggest tech-fiction pet peeves.

That reminds me of a show I watched where the big twist was messages being encoded in innocuous pictures (possible). Then they had to go and explain the technicalities by showing how it "worked". They'd zoom in on the image until the pixels were so huge you'd only get several on the screen, and inside one of the pixels was a super-fine resolution message (impossible).

I mean, I guess that would be possible if you blew up a normal image to gigantic proportions and drew a normal-res message in a pixel. That would "work" so long as no one noticed the several GB file size and didn't view the image using a program that didn't auto-scale the image to fit to screen. Fuck.

A message can be embedded in an image by replacing some of the pixels of the image in a patterned fashion.
To decode the message, the remaining legitimate image pixels are filtered out, what remains are the pixels that constitute the message.

As long as the proportion of original image pixels remains high, the human eye won't readily detect the replacements.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2015, 10:01 AM
(08-01-2015 09:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  A message can be embedded in an image by replacing some of the pixels of the image in a patterned fashion.
To decode the message, the remaining legitimate image pixels are filtered out, what remains are the pixels that constitute the message.

As long as the proportion of original image pixels remains high, the human eye won't readily detect the replacements.

Sure. That would certainly work, but that's not what they did in the show. There are several legitimate ways to do this, and they could have just showed a subtractive comparison of two images (like you described) or vaguely said "it was embedded in the meta data" and moved on. Sadly, they took the stupid route and just kept zooming in until a very clear message appeared inside of a pixel.
08-01-2015, 10:25 AM
(08-01-2015 10:01 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 09:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  A message can be embedded in an image by replacing some of the pixels of the image in a patterned fashion.

Sure. That would certainly work, but that's not what they did in the show. There are several legitimate ways to do this, and they could have just showed a subtractive comparison of two images (like you described) or vaguely said "it was embedded in the meta data" and moved on. Sadly, they took the stupid route and just kept zooming in until a very clear message appeared inside of a pixel.

Oh, some show really did that? I thought that was just a hyperbolic example. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post