Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.57 Average
16-10-2016, 05:38 PM
RE: Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...
[Image: 5KAm63k.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
16-10-2016, 06:30 PM
(16-10-2016 05:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 08:16 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  And it's called Battleship because you have one. Sleepy

Also, your original assertion was a typo.

[Image: pic288374.jpg]

The issue though is that with these other things, such as Halo or Sonic, the title is named after a main character or a main event or whatever.

BUT in the game Battleship the actual battleship is not a main event. It is arguably no less or more important than any of the other ships as you need to sink ALL the opposition's ships to win. It is not even the biggest ship, I believe the aircraft carrier is bigger by 1 tile.

Don't try to tell me that you don't get sad when your battleship gets sunk.
16-10-2016, 07:05 PM
(16-10-2016 06:30 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(16-10-2016 05:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The issue though is that with these other things, such as Halo or Sonic, the title is named after a main character or a main event or whatever.

BUT in the game Battleship the actual battleship is not a main event. It is arguably no less or more important than any of the other ships as you need to sink ALL the opposition's ships to win. It is not even the biggest ship, I believe the aircraft carrier is bigger by 1 tile.

Sad? I never hear the end of it.

[Image: uss-arizona-memorial-pearl-harbor-hawaii...0x1200.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
16-10-2016, 08:24 PM
(16-10-2016 06:30 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(16-10-2016 05:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The issue though is that with these other things, such as Halo or Sonic, the title is named after a main character or a main event or whatever.

Of course not, I lie and say miss and discretely move it like a normal person.
16-10-2016, 08:28 PM
(16-10-2016 08:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(16-10-2016 06:30 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Don't try to tell me that you don't get sad when your battleship gets sunk.

An alternative is to get a few row boats and some friends and start throwing molotov cocktails at each other. More fun and harder to cheat.

'Murican Canadian
16-10-2016, 08:40 PM

Dude, it's called a BATTLEship. It's the simplest and most evocative title they could have picked. Sleepy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
16-10-2016, 08:47 PM
Warships would have been a better title.
16-10-2016, 08:55 PM
A fleet is often based around a single ship. Nowadays it's usually a carrier, back in the day it might have been a large battleship. That single ship is responsible for bringing on the pain, so to speak, and the others are there to support and defend it.

So it could still hypothetically be all about the battleship even if there's just one, assuming the intent of the group is shore bombardment and everything else is there to protect it from air and sub attacks and perform recon while it does it's thing Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
16-10-2016, 09:05 PM
(16-10-2016 08:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(16-10-2016 06:30 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Don't try to tell me that you don't get sad when your battleship gets sunk.

[Image: you-my-dear-man-are-an-asshole.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
16-10-2016, 09:06 PM
(16-10-2016 07:05 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

Sad? I never hear the end of it.

[Image: uss-arizona-memorial-pearl-harbor-hawaii...0x1200.jpg]

Too soon, dude.