Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.57 Average
08-12-2016, 09:49 PM
RE: Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...
(08-12-2016 09:40 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 09:04 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_ohtovjWtD11tlb56zo1_400.gif]

This image honestly pissed me off. I feel bad for that cat. That fucking dog made a dick move.

Fuck that cat. I'm sure he deserved it. Cats are assholes.

I'd put money on that cat having made a "puss" move on that dog in the past. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2016, 06:44 AM
[Image: tumblr_og0xir6dXi1te0qnyo1_540.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_og0xir6dXi1te0qnyo2_400.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_og0xir6dXi1te0qnyo3_400.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
09-12-2016, 06:50 AM
(08-12-2016 09:04 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  This image honestly pissed me off. I feel bad for that cat. That fucking dog made a dick move.

Don't feel bad. Big Grin

#sigh
09-12-2016, 06:56 AM
Dogs are such losers. Facepalm Laughat
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
09-12-2016, 10:01 AM
The semester right now:

[Image: kzsiI0y.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
09-12-2016, 10:30 AM
(09-12-2016 10:01 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  The semester right now:

When I was a T/A we had to have the finals scores in two days after the test. I measured the answers, so long got a "A", shorter got a "B", and so on. Nobody ever failed a final I was grading. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
09-12-2016, 10:34 AM
(09-12-2016 10:30 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 10:01 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  The semester right now:

When I was a T/A we had to have the finals scores in two days after the test. I measured the answers, so long got a "A", shorter got a "B", and so on. Nobody ever failed a final I was grading. Drinking Beverage

I'm at the point of skimming these papers and going, "Does it look plagiarized? Is it full of typos? Does it look like the sources are cited? Did they sneak something in about how I'm not reading it? (If so, need to make a comment about that jokingly.) Done? Okay, you pass." Instead of detailed feedback, so I totally understand your grading system there.

09-12-2016, 10:42 AM
(09-12-2016 10:34 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 10:30 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  When I was a T/A we had to have the finals scores in two days after the test. I measured the answers, so long got a "A", shorter got a "B", and so on. Nobody ever failed a final I was grading. Drinking Beverage

I'm at the point of skimming these papers and going, "Does it look plagiarized? Is it full of typos? Does it look like the sources are cited? Did they sneak something in about how I'm not reading it? (If so, need to make a comment about that jokingly.) Done? Okay, you pass." Instead of detailed feedback, so I totally understand your grading system there.

You should get a government job. That's the same way multi-million dollar proposals are reviewed.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-12-2016, 11:59 AM
100 down, 100 to go.

(09-12-2016 10:42 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 10:34 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I'm at the point of skimming these papers and going, "Does it look plagiarized? Is it full of typos? Does it look like the sources are cited? Did they sneak something in about how I'm not reading it? (If so, need to make a comment about that jokingly.) Done? Okay, you pass." Instead of detailed feedback, so I totally understand your grading system there.

You should get a government job. That's the same way multi-million dollar proposals are reviewed.

Technically this is a government job, just state government. But somehow that would not shock me in the least... Only tangentially related, with the minimum effort put into things, way of thinking, and government work...When I was in undergrad, NASA farmed out code double checking to universities that included mine. Comp. Programming prof walked in one day with a mug of coffee, which he never brought anything to drink to class before or after, and sighed. Sat down, "I spent last night reading NASA's code. You'd think you would give a fuck about doing things right when you're launching anything with plutonium as a power source in it, but they were making mistakes I'd hope you all wouldn't after a semester of
this class."

And in keeping with finals:
[Image: M6qpJi6.png]

And for fun:
[Image: Je2v7Rh.jpg]

[+] 7 users Like Shai Hulud's post
09-12-2016, 05:14 PM
(07-12-2016 08:02 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 05:24 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  But mortars aren't rockets.
Actually, they are.

How so? Mortars are shot like a bullet with an initial charge for launching, rockets have a propellant that continuously burns. Rockets have motors, mortars don't.

Not saying I know all about ordinance here but from what I do know, I can't see how they are considered a rocket even by the loosest definition. Wikipedia doesn't agree with you either.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac