Favorite recreational substance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Favorite recreational substance
If anyone feels uncomfortable with this conversation, we'll just put an implied "Hypothetically" in front of every comment.

I grew up, my formative years, in the 70's and early 80's. I graduated high school in 1983.
Being a metalhead in Texas rocked...there was a great deal of rebellion against the country music that was forced down our throats. You couldn't get more rebellious.

I started playing guitar very young, acoustic, country. BY the time I was about 9, if I remember right, I had discovered metal guitar and had appropriated an electric and an amp that my brother- who was off in the army- had purchased and never played. He ended up giving it to me.
My friends and I would get together and try to recreate Black Sabbath, and Rainbow, and Deep Purple. We had no internet, nothing to really help us figure out how in the hell those bands were making those sounds! It was insane.
Then we were introduced to certain...helpful substances. Marijuana, mushrooms, LSD, mescaline...I think we tried everything back then. We would have a blast, 13 or 14 years old now, drinking and taking whatever we had and just jamming. We managed to find the sound. Coincidence? Evil_monster
Oddly enough, we all grew up to be useful, productive citizens, and everyone in my crowd, at least, earned a bachelors degree or better. Guess the PMRC was wrong, eh?
But these years of experimentation and indulgence were surprising, to me...there are drugs that don't seem to be harmful at all, that have been used for millennia by indigenous peoples, that really open your mind.
Now when I say "not harmful", obviously anything can be harmful if abused...so I mean "not addictive" and "harmless unless abused severely".

Personally, my two favorites were mushrooms- which are ridiculously easy to find in Texas- and Mescaline...which is just amazing. If I had to pick one drug that was my all time favorite...Mescaline. The cacti grow abundantly here- more the san pedro variety than anything- and it's easy to process. The high is just mind blowing, and try as they might, the feds cannot prove that it causes any damage to the human body in moderate doses. None whatsoever.

So I have two questions. One- if you (Hypothetically) play(ed) with rec drugs, what is your favorite and why?

and two- which fits more with the intent of this forum I suppose- if God created a substance that freed the mind and caused no harm, why wouldn't he want us to use it? Where in the bible-( and it may, I have no idea) does it say "thou shalt not partake of the hallucinogenic cactus I made for you"?

Just curious. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
18-08-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: Favorite recreational substance
Do hookers qualify as "substance"?

Hypothetically, I mean.

Shy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
18-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Dancing. Dancing is my favorite recreational substance. I'm learning Argentinian tango. The music, the rhythm, the sensuality...it's all good. I've never had the slightest desire to take drugs or smoke weed. I've never been drunk or high. I was such an imaginative kid and still am that people think I'm high when I've only been drinking water.

Ahhhh, the Tango. The sex, the touch, the intertwining of the legs, the arching of the back.... the excitement....OMG! Why would I need a drug. Why would I need anything more than this! I'm trying to get as good as this couple but they do this everyday and I don't have the extra time to devote to it. Oh, I'd love to tango as well as this couple. Yum. This is my drug of choice.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
18-08-2016, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2016 02:53 PM by Mr. Boston.)
My favorite intoxicating substance has got to be alcohol. I love good beer and I've been known to dabble in whiskey too. Second would be weed. I feel like it's pretty approachable and easy to get a little buzz on without overdoing it. I've tried shrooms and LSD but only on very rare occasions. It's been years since I had either. I would do them again if the opportunity presents itself but if not, that's fine too.

As far as the god argument - I tend to agree. If there was a god who "designed" everything and one of his designs made us REALLY enjoy ourselves and feel more connected to each other and the universe I'd have to conclude he intended us to use it.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
18-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Back in the day...late 70s and most of the 80s it was definitely cocaine. Lots and lots of cocaine.

And I had done my research...trying a lot of different things along the way.

Speed...nope...I was often the cocaine tester...I could tell immediately if it was cut with a lot of speed. Many of the people in my circle would take me with them when buying so that I could test a line...not bad work if you can get it. Tongue

That doesn't count the time release Dexedrine that a local doc was giving to a bunch of us young women (who absolutely didn't need it for weight loss). Didn't get the speed jitters off that and could party all night.

I had some fun acid trips but didn't dabble often, I think I did mescaline once or twice. MDA - as we called it then - NO THANK YOU!!!!!! I hated that crap and it was wildly popular among the people I hung out with.

Mushrooms - I can't even eat the ones you put on pizza so I didn't ever try them.

Butalbital - that's the one that scratches the itch and the one I have to stay away from.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-08-2016, 02:42 PM
(18-08-2016 02:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Dancing. Dancing is my favorite recreational substance. I'm learning Argentinian tango. The music, the rhythm, the sensuality...it's all good. I've never had the slightest desire to take drugs or smoke weed. I've never been drunk or high. I was such an imaginative kid and still am that people think I'm high when I've only been drinking water.

Ahhhh, the Tango. The sex, the touch, the intertwining of the legs, the arching of the back.... the excitement....OMG! Why would I need a drug. Why would I need anything more than this! I'm trying to get as good as this couple but they do this everyday and I don't have the extra time to devote to it. Oh, I'd love to tango as well as this couple. Yum. This is my drug of choice.

The tango is sexy as hell. I don't have anywhere near the talent to do it but I love to watch two dancers who are totally in tune with each other dance.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-08-2016, 02:45 PM
(18-08-2016 02:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Do hookers qualify as "substance"?

Hypothetically, I mean.

Shy

Well, I should think so, yes. Wait, I'll ask.

Yep, confirmed. Substance. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
18-08-2016, 02:48 PM
(18-08-2016 02:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Dancing. Dancing is my favorite recreational substance. I'm learning Argentinian tango. The music, the rhythm, the sensuality...it's all good. I've never had the slightest desire to take drugs or smoke weed. I've never been drunk or high. I was such an imaginative kid and still am that people think I'm high when I've only been drinking water.

Umm..thanks, Dance...uh...I'm going to go take a cold shower now. Wow.

BlushDroolingFrusty
[+] 3 users Like The Dark One's post
18-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Well, I dunno what they used but the strawberry gas they gave me when trying to free up my teeth at age 7 was pretty good stuff Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
18-08-2016, 02:55 PM
What, now? Smokin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man