Favorite recreational substance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2016, 06:08 PM
RE: Favorite recreational substance
Gummy bears. I've always loved gummy bears.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
29-08-2016, 08:37 AM
RE: Favorite recreational substance
(26-08-2016 12:04 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:It is very awesome. Both of the kids love spending time with me at the track. My youngest drives the junior dragster and my oldest is now getting his feet wet in my drag car. I am thinking of purchasing a full size dragster to run as well.

Both kids are near the top of their classes and are also very dedicated athletes. My son has been looked at by some colleges but he thinks he wants to give up sports and pursue a degree in medicine.

Needless to say my kids have as much to do with who I am as a person as I have to do with them.

Although it isn't exactly considered apropos in here- but thank you guys for accepting me anyway Smile - I have to say that without the gun culture, the race culture, and hunting and fishing, neither my relationship with my parents nor my children's relationships with me, would be the same. We are very close, my kids tell me EVERYTHING- even as young teenagers they would come to me with menstrual problems, if mom wasn't available (she did- for obvious reasons- come first in this area) and they weren't uncomfortable doing it. I was raised on a ranch where conception and birth and "parts" are all around you, plus I spent time in the medical field...I was never embarrassed by a body part and they learned from me. Likewise they would talk to me about their boyfriends, their sex lives...not to say we sat around talking about it and high fiving, lol...but they would ask me questions or whatever they needed, comfortably. I credit the hours and hours and hours we spent wrenching on cars together, shooting bottle caps down on our range, sitting in a boat fishing, or in a blind watching the sun come up together. Spending the time is part of it, but the intimacy involved in passing along a skill and knowledge is big part of it, as well. Seeing your child develop skills and delight in them is amazing, more so if you can take some of the credit. Cool

That out of the way, I don't know if you've ever run a full sized dragster before, but if not, one word of caution, if you're planning for the whole nitromethane experience Smile

Do you know how to make a small fortune racing a full sized nitromethane burning dragster?

Begin with a large fortune.

Weeping

No nitromethane for me. Don't have anywhere close to that type of budget. Going to start off in Super Comp and eventually move to Top Dragster.

But I agree the countless hours I have spent being an active and involved influence in my children's lives has reaped immeasurable dividends later on in their lives.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post