Favorite recreational substance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: Favorite recreational substance
Quote:MDA

MDA is sort of a synthetic mescaline, from what I understand, that is wildly addictive and harmful...why use it when real mescaline is easy to source? I never understood that...we never had MDA around, so I never tried it, but I read horror stories in the metal mags. I know MDA is chemically similar to mescaline, but I know very little about it. Have to google it and learn something. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2016, 02:58 PM
5-MeO-DMT and bufotenin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-08-2016, 03:01 PM
(18-08-2016 02:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  5-MeO-DMT and bufotenin

Isn't that from the toad's back?
18-08-2016, 03:03 PM
(18-08-2016 02:57 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:MDA

MDA is sort of a synthetic mescaline, from what I understand, that is wildly addictive and harmful...why use it when real mescaline is easy to source? I never understood that...we never had MDA around, so I never tried it, but I read horror stories in the metal mags. I know MDA is chemically similar to mescaline, but I know very little about it. Have to google it and learn something. Cool

We called it Doctor or Multiple Drugs of America.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-08-2016, 03:04 PM
Beer, and whiskey. Got a sixer of Black Toad in the fridge, and I finished off the bottle of scotch one of my sons bought me for Father's Day, last night. I don't smoke anything. What is the stuff you have to clean the strychnine out of? My neighbor didn't like puking so he'd make it up and give himself an enema with it. He's missing a good share of his descending colon, now. Acid? I've seen people take that shit, go on a trip and not come back. I'll pass. Oh, and a cup of coffee in the morning, maybe two or three. Yeah, kind of tame, nowadays.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
18-08-2016, 03:05 PM
Hmmm... I have nothing to hide. I have only ever used two "recreational substances": alcohol and marijuana.

1. Alcohol: I have only been drunk maybe half a dozen times in my life (I'm 61 years old), and for the most part, I found those experiences unpleasant. I like the feeling of being a little tipsy, but I don't like being drunk, I don't like puking, and I don't like hangovers. Perhaps because I haven't had all that much alcohol in my life, my tolerance is relatively low, so I can get that pleasantly tipsy feeling with one or two beers or glasses of wine -- and then I stop, because I have no desire to go beyond that point. I have one beer just about every day, but rarely any more than that.

2. Marijuana: Until my mid-twenties, I was a pretty straight arrow. I had tried pot once or twice, felt no effect from it, and didn't see what the big deal was. I only started smoking it regularly when I was 24 and fell in lust with a young woman who smoked it. She specifically told me that she didn't want me to start smoking pot because of her, but I did anyway. Once I did "feel the effect", I liked it -- it was much better than alcohol, and with no puking or hangover. I smoked it pretty regularly (but never to excess) until I was 48. and then...

I got diabetes and was strongly urged by my doctor to quit smoking cigarettes. For me, smoking cigarettes and smoking pot went hand in hand. Whatever self-control I had (to not just smoke one cigarette after another) went out the window when I was high. I decided that if I was going to quit smoking, I had to quit both cigarettes and pot -- and I did. That was 13 years ago, and I have never looked back.

I think pot has its pros and cons, but for me, there were more cons. It may have made me more "creative", but it also made me less motivated -- I would say downright lazy. I had some wonderful ideas when I was high, but rarely followed through on any of them. It also cost a lot of money, I constantly had to worry about being busted, and despite what some claim about it being an anti-carcinogen, I can't believe that coating the inside of your lungs with sticky black tar on a regular basis does them any good. For what it's worth, both of my brothers died relatively young from lung cancer, and both of them were heavy pot smokers for most of their lives (of course, they were also heavy cigarette smokers, so I'm not jumping to any conclusions). Sometimes I miss "getting high", but I don't miss any of the rest of it.

I am not in favor of either alcohol or marijuana being illegal. I believe adults can and should make their own decisions about such things.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-08-2016, 03:14 PM
Quote:I got diabetes and was strongly urged by my doctor to quit smoking cigarettes. For me, smoking cigarettes and smoking pot went hand in hand. Whatever self-control I had (to not just smoke one cigarette after another) went out the window when I was high. I decided that if I was going to quit smoking, I had to quit both cigarettes and pot -- and I did. That was 13 years ago, and I have never looked back.

I admire your willpower- my wife was diagnosed with diabetes just under a year ago, and made some just amazing changes in her life. In some ways, the diabetes has been almost good for her- she lost 70 pounds in 3 months by cutting carbs and sugar and going to the gym every day. She's back to the size she as when we married, except actually in better shape. It takes a strong will to make those kinds of changes overnight. Thumbsup

Quote:despite what some claim about it being an anti-carcinogen,

From what I have read, the anti-carcinogen components are negated by smoking it...I think that you have to go the edible route to see any benefit.

That's one thing I have to admit I am curious about...maybe enough for a fairly long road trip to Colorado. The edible market has exploded! The idea of getting that feeling without sucking smoke into my lungs is appealing. Brownies are the only edible I've tried, and they were ok, but the hard candy or muffins or even gum...sounds interesting.Big Grin
18-08-2016, 03:16 PM
(18-08-2016 02:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  5-MeO-DMT and bufotenin

I'm thinking of changing my moniker to ToadLicker 'cause there's so much I could do with that.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-08-2016, 03:19 PM
(18-08-2016 03:05 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I constantly had to worry about being busted, and despite what some claim about it being an anti-carcinogen, I can't believe that coating the inside of your lungs with sticky black tar on a regular basis does them any good.

That's why you eat it.

18-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Flaming Hot Cheetos, way more of a drug than weed

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post