Favorite recreational substance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2016, 03:26 PM
RE: Favorite recreational substance
(18-08-2016 03:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Flaming Hot Cheetos, way more of a drug than weed

And far more lethal.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-08-2016, 03:30 PM
(18-08-2016 03:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 03:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Flaming Hot Cheetos, way more of a drug than weed

And far more lethal.

True.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-08-2016, 05:08 PM
It has been many years since I've tried anything except an occasional beer or liquor and I never indulged in anything very often but, hypothetically speaking, 'shrooms were the best, followed by cocaine.

I tried pot a few times and hated the feeling with a passion. I spent the whole time trying to fight it because I can't stand being disconnected like that. The couple of times I tried other hallucinogens was even worse. As with religion, I prefer reality.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
18-08-2016, 05:18 PM
(18-08-2016 05:08 PM)unfogged Wrote:  It has been many years since I've tried anything except an occasional beer or liquor and I never indulged in anything very often but, hypothetically speaking, 'shrooms were the best, followed by cocaine.

I tried pot a few times and hated the feeling with a passion. I spent the whole time trying to fight it because I can't stand being disconnected like that. The couple of times I tried other hallucinogens was even worse. As with religion, I prefer reality.

Pot is not a hallucinogen. And, unless your experience was within the last year or two, after being counselled as to what strain would be good for your purposes, consider yourself to have never tried it. It is nothing like it used to be. Your experience is likely totally outdated, or you got the wrong strain for you. You are not supposed to feel like you have to fight it to stay connected - exactly the opposite should be the case. It should enhance whatever you want to be doing.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-08-2016, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2016 05:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-08-2016 05:08 PM)unfogged Wrote:  It has been many years since I've tried anything except an occasional beer or liquor and I never indulged in anything very often but, hypothetically speaking, 'shrooms were the best, followed by cocaine.

For me they made me realize how tenuous this "reality" business we try so desperately to cling to is. I know for certain that my interpretation of my sensory input is not reality.

#sigh
18-08-2016, 05:27 PM
MDMA (Mollie) with LSD while having sex... That's one wild fucking ride...

I like Mollie slightly more than LSD or shrooms. So I guess MDMA is the winner.

This makes so much more damn sense when you're high as hell on Mollie and experiencing all the colors and happiness in the world:

Marijuana doesn't really get me that stoned...just makes me sleepy and kills the back pain. Unless we're talking about smoking with Stark Laugh out load Holy shit, I hadn't slept in well over 24 hours, had finally stopped tripping before I made it to my Toronto connection, show up at his house after 16+ hours of travel, and he gets me so stoned all I could do was slide down the cabinets and sit on the kitchen floor (this might be why I did a piss poor job of packing - all my clothes were moving and still such pretty colors and so damn lacy). I don't remember sharing this story on the forum Consider I would smoke a bowl in the evenings after taking care of bariatric patients if it weren't for my current hospital doing frequent random drug testing.

Umm yeh, last fall/winter was a bit experimental.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
18-08-2016, 05:34 PM
I mean, hypothetically speaking, of course. This is just a creative writing exercise, right? Unsure Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
18-08-2016, 05:36 PM
(18-08-2016 05:27 PM)Nurse Wrote:  MDMA (Mollie) with LSD while having sex... That's one wild fucking ride...

Even Girly's never done that. Hobo

#sigh
18-08-2016, 05:45 PM
(18-08-2016 02:39 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  My favorite intoxicating substance has got to be alcohol. I love good beer and I've been known to dabble in whiskey too. Second would be weed. I feel like it's pretty approachable and easy to get a little buzz on without overdoing it. I've tried shrooms and LSD but only on very rare occasions. It's been years since I had either. I would do them again if the opportunity presents itself but if not, that's fine too.

As far as the god argument - I tend to agree. If there was a god who "designed" everything and one of his designs made us REALLY enjoy ourselves and feel more connected to each other and the universe I'd have to conclude he intended us to use it.

But doesn't the smoke from herb pollute the lungs the same as tobacco? I always gave the girls in the office a hard time when they burned incense to combat the boss's cigar smoke. I asked them if they thought the incense smoke wouldn't pollute their lungs just as much as the cigar smoke does.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
18-08-2016, 05:51 PM
(18-08-2016 05:45 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 02:39 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  My favorite intoxicating substance has got to be alcohol. I love good beer and I've been known to dabble in whiskey too. Second would be weed. I feel like it's pretty approachable and easy to get a little buzz on without overdoing it. I've tried shrooms and LSD but only on very rare occasions. It's been years since I had either. I would do them again if the opportunity presents itself but if not, that's fine too.

As far as the god argument - I tend to agree. If there was a god who "designed" everything and one of his designs made us REALLY enjoy ourselves and feel more connected to each other and the universe I'd have to conclude he intended us to use it.

But doesn't the smoke from herb pollute the lungs the same as tobacco? I always gave the girls in the office a hard time when they burned incense to combat the boss's cigar smoke. I asked them if they thought the incense smoke wouldn't pollute their lungs just as much as the cigar smoke does.

Yes, it does. There is no record I could find of it causing lung cancer (it is an anti-carcinogen) but the smoke will affect lungs negatively over time. That is why most of the medical weed is either edible or sublingual. Much more research is needed to determine the right dosages of edibles, right now one still has to experiment to find one's individual proper dosage and timing.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man