Favorite recreational substance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2016, 06:18 PM
RE: Favorite recreational substance
I grew up assuming I was going to experiment with drugs, but I didn't do it much. I tried pot a few times, but didn't feel an effect, so I left it to my friends--they didn't mind when I passed the joint instead of smoking it. I had a few druggy boyfriends, same thing. Usually there was beer around, and I drank that instead.

I can't swallow pills, don't like to snort things, and am afraid of needles, so I haven't tried anything illegal other than pot.

Wine's my favorite, especially red. Also enjoy a nice porter, a martini, or a gin-and-tonic.

I had a prescription for Percocet twice (fortunately that's a tablet, so I chewed it); that was the bomb. I would love one Percocet a day, every day--except that 1) I can't get any legally and 2) my understanding is that the effect I like so much wouldn't be there if I used it all the time.

My all-time favorite mind-blowing drug is a good orchestra with me in it, playing an exciting piece of music. Nothing in the universe better than that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
18-08-2016, 06:21 PM
(18-08-2016 06:18 PM)julep Wrote:  I had a prescription for Percocet twice (fortunately that's a tablet, so I chewed it); that was the bomb.

Yeah, you weren't supposed to chew it. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-08-2016, 06:24 PM
(18-08-2016 06:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 06:18 PM)julep Wrote:  I had a prescription for Percocet twice (fortunately that's a tablet, so I chewed it); that was the bomb.

Okay, now I'm craving Percocet gum. Somebody should invent that.
18-08-2016, 06:25 PM
(18-08-2016 06:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Bet it absorbed pretty fast and if it wasn't enteric coated or time release it would have been fine.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-08-2016, 06:36 PM
(18-08-2016 06:24 PM)julep Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 06:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, you weren't supposed to chew it. Big Grin

Okay, now I'm craving Percocet gum. Somebody should invent that.

Pretty sure I'd be dead.

#sigh
19-08-2016, 01:09 AM
Quote:Acid? I've seen people take that shit, go on a trip and not come back

I haven't touched acid since the early 80's, and doubt I would at this stage of my life, but purple microdot provided a lot of great fun back then, and we had this blotter acid...I can't remember what we called it but it was little stamps with yosemite sam on them. Wow...never had a "bad trip", and I once watched my high school government teacher melt right through the floor of the 2nd floor science building...then come back into the class through the door, as if he'd climbed the steps and just came back after his fall. I remember trying to look normal and wondering why nobody else found his little trip as amazing as I did. Gasp

Probably not the smartest thing I've ever done, but I sure had some great times...and no lasting damage!

Probably not the smartest thing I've ever done, but I sure had some great times...and no lasting damage!

Did I ever tell you about the time I dropped acid in my government class in high school? I watched my teacher sink right through the floor and...wait!
SQUIRREL! Shocking
[+] 6 users Like The Dark One's post
19-08-2016, 06:55 AM
(18-08-2016 05:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 05:08 PM)unfogged Wrote:  It has been many years since I've tried anything except an occasional beer or liquor and I never indulged in anything very often but, hypothetically speaking, 'shrooms were the best, followed by cocaine.

I tried pot a few times and hated the feeling with a passion. I spent the whole time trying to fight it because I can't stand being disconnected like that. The couple of times I tried other hallucinogens was even worse. As with religion, I prefer reality.

Pot is not a hallucinogen.

Poor wording on my part; I changed "other drugs" to "hallucinogens" and missed deleting "other".

Quote:And, unless your experience was within the last year or two, after being counselled as to what strain would be good for your purposes, consider yourself to have never tried it. It is nothing like it used to be. Your experience is likely totally outdated, or you got the wrong strain for you. You are not supposed to feel like you have to fight it to stay connected - exactly the opposite should be the case. It should enhance whatever you want to be doing.

Yep, it's probably close to 30 years since I tried it so you may be right. I've interacted recently with users and from the outside it doesn't seem all that different than people I watched decades ago. I'm not saying it is wrong for others but I doubt I'd ever try it again. There's just no appeal in it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
19-08-2016, 07:09 AM
Anything that goes "Boom"...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
19-08-2016, 07:11 AM
(19-08-2016 01:09 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:Acid? I've seen people take that shit, go on a trip and not come back

I haven't touched acid since the early 80's, and doubt I would at this stage of my life, but purple microdot provided a lot of great fun back then, and we had this blotter acid...I can't remember what we called it but it was little stamps with yosemite sam on them. Wow...never had a "bad trip", and I once watched my high school government teacher melt right through the floor of the 2nd floor science building...then come back into the class through the door, as if he'd climbed the steps and just came back after his fall. I remember trying to look normal and wondering why nobody else found his little trip as amazing as I did. Gasp

Did I ever tell you about the time I dropped acid in my government class in high school? I watched my teacher sink right through the floor and...wait!
SQUIRREL! Shocking

My S.O. and I saw "UP" in the theater..... We still crack up, when one of us spots one and goes "SQUIRREL!!!"..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
19-08-2016, 07:44 AM
Compressed enriched air also known as Nitrox or EANx.

[Image: Nitrox2.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce