Favorite recreational substance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2016, 01:52 PM
RE: Favorite recreational substance
If someone said it before, I missed it. Sex. Those endorphins are nice. Yes

As far as people not staying fuzzy, I'd have to say that that is a survival trait deep in the brain's evolution. A person who is too much of a numby-noggin gets eaten first. Or wold have, back in the day. Now, they just get run over looking for Pokemons on the freeway.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
19-08-2016, 02:19 PM
(19-08-2016 11:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 11:07 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  As one who has never dabbled in "recreational" substances this thread has been rather enlightening.

What did you take from it? Just curious.

People's explanations of their experiences are the most fascinating part to me.

I never understood the attraction that some people have to things like this. However, seeing some of these explanations for people who can articulate them intelligently is very insightful.

I have always been afraid to try anything like what has been described, afraid of getting busted by the cops, random drug tests at work..... Afraid I might like them a little too much.

I guess I get my "highs" other ways. Going fast in racecars or on motorcycles, skydiving to name a couple.
[+] 3 users Like ohio_drg's post
19-08-2016, 03:04 PM
Quote:I guess I get my "highs" other ways. Going fast in racecars or on motorcycles, skydiving to name a couple.

I'm with you- I hold a "D" license, and teach both tandem and AFF. I have raced cars, motorcycles, boats, and airplanes. Besides military flying and airline flying, I worked as a bush pilot in Alaska, Costa Rica, and Australia- actually I flew for the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Oz. I used to rock climb, but my only real mountain is Rainier in WA. I was supposed to climb Denali but broke my back, and decided not to return to climbing.

I think being an adrenaline junkie is what led me to try some of the...substances...I tried. When I was younger I was just bulletproof. Even after being shot, I felt bulletproof. Stupid youth, but man...I had fun. Still do, just back to 9 or so, instead of 11.

My passion in motorcycles was GSXR's, in the last few years it's 'Busa's, which are just GSXR's on steroids. I make em faster, more aerodynamic, and use I10 as my personal testing ground. I'm 50 and other than making allowances for a few injuries, I still do what I always did. I am more aware that I'm not ACTUALLY bulletproof these days, but that doesn't really make me change my lifestyle.

I'm not advocating drug use at all- I'm just trying to share experiences. If you are content, by all means stay your course!

Big Grin
19-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Quote:Afraid I might like them a little too much.

I missed this the first read...that's a smart thing to fear. I never had a problem with drugs themselves, but I was a teenager in the early 80's and a guitar-playing metal head. I'm a pretty good guitar player, and I seriously considered heading to LA to wander the strip until I was noticed and became a part of a heavy metal band...but I knew, without a doubt, that I would self destruct in that environment. I'd be lucky to make the 27 club. It was frustrating to just let it go, because I've played on a big stage, and making your guitar scream through a wall of Marshall stacks...talk about Guitar God. You feel like you can break the world in half. Add 50,000 screaming fans and it's an ego boost like no other on earth. I still get chills. Banana_zorro
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
19-08-2016, 06:01 PM
(18-08-2016 05:27 PM)Nurse Wrote:  MDMA (Mollie) with LSD while having sex... That's one wild fucking ride...

I like Mollie slightly more than LSD or shrooms. So I guess MDMA is the winner.

This makes so much more damn sense when you're high as hell on Mollie and experiencing all the colors and happiness in the world:

Marijuana doesn't really get me that stoned...just makes me sleepy and kills the back pain. Unless we're talking about smoking with Stark Laugh out load Holy shit, I hadn't slept in well over 24 hours, had finally stopped tripping before I made it to my Toronto connection, show up at his house after 16+ hours of travel, and he gets me so stoned all I could do was slide down the cabinets and sit on the kitchen floor (this might be why I did a piss poor job of packing - all my clothes were moving and still such pretty colors and so damn lacy). I don't remember sharing this story on the forum Consider I would smoke a bowl in the evenings after taking care of bariatric patients if it weren't for my current hospital doing frequent random drug testing.

Umm yeh, last fall/winter was a bit experimental.

Just about time to start planning our next trip down the rabbit hole huh? Wink

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
19-08-2016, 10:22 PM
[Image: winchester-shotgun.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-08-2016, 10:29 PM

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
19-08-2016, 10:41 PM
fondest memories, definitely shrooms. Memories is the key here. I did many things when drinking that I could not recall at all Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
20-08-2016, 12:14 PM
(19-08-2016 10:41 PM)skyking Wrote:  fondest memories, definitely shrooms. Memories is the key here. I did many things when drinking that I could not recall at all Big Grin

I liked the shrooms too...when I was a teenager, we'd all load up in pickups- it was legal to ride in the bed on the highway back then- and head for the coast. Usually 30 or so of us, about 50/50 male and female. We'd have coolers full of beer and other booze, usually an ounce or two of pot between us, and we'd stop in the cow fields on the coastal plains and gather copper tops on the way down. When we got there we'd camp on the beach, dry the shrooms over the fire, and just have a ball (literally) for 4 or 5 days. Awesome times. Yes
22-08-2016, 10:04 AM
(19-08-2016 03:04 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:I guess I get my "highs" other ways. Going fast in racecars or on motorcycles, skydiving to name a couple.

I'm with you- I hold a "D" license, and teach both tandem and AFF. I have raced cars, motorcycles, boats, and airplanes. Besides military flying and airline flying, I worked as a bush pilot in Alaska, Costa Rica, and Australia- actually I flew for the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Oz. I used to rock climb, but my only real mountain is Rainier in WA. I was supposed to climb Denali but broke my back, and decided not to return to climbing.

I think being an adrenaline junkie is what led me to try some of the...substances...I tried. When I was younger I was just bulletproof. Even after being shot, I felt bulletproof. Stupid youth, but man...I had fun. Still do, just back to 9 or so, instead of 11.

My passion in motorcycles was GSXR's, in the last few years it's 'Busa's, which are just GSXR's on steroids. I make em faster, more aerodynamic, and use I10 as my personal testing ground. I'm 50 and other than making allowances for a few injuries, I still do what I always did. I am more aware that I'm not ACTUALLY bulletproof these days, but that doesn't really make me change my lifestyle.

I'm not advocating drug use at all- I'm just trying to share experiences. If you are content, by all means stay your course!

Big Grin

Sold a turbocharged 'Busa a couple years ago. Looking for something else to ride.
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post