Favourite Anime Openings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2016, 08:07 AM
RE: Favourite Anime Openings
Here are a few relatively recent series that come to mind for me. I have a bit of a mix and progression of tone in this sequence. Some clips are of endings rather than openings.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
31-12-2016, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2016 06:32 PM by Old Man Marsh.)

Happy new orbit!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
19-01-2017, 09:38 PM
Flip flapping

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
25-01-2017, 08:27 AM
Twin Star Exorcists Ed 3

07-08-2017, 08:27 PM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-08-2017, 04:11 AM
Tokyo Ghoul opening

[+] 1 user Likes MuntyJay's post
03-09-2017, 11:39 PM

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
03-09-2017, 11:59 PM
You cannot beat the top dog.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-09-2017, 12:55 AM
Also, if I really do need to post some J-Pop it fit in, here you go...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-09-2017, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2017 01:17 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
The two best things about the Cowboy Bebop song is a) it fits the show perfectly and b) it's a great song on it's own merit and even if you don't like anime is still a supremely enjoyable song.

That's how I feel about the Baccano! OP as well, it's a great song that fits the zany, over the top, upbeat show but it's a great song even without the show.

But I like the more upbeat toe tappers like Flyers! by Bradio and "Goya no Machiawase" by Hello Sleepwalkers and "Uragiri No Yuuyake" by Theatre Brook and the fucking awesome "Hit in the USA" by Beat Crusaders from the criminally underrated Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad.

But what do I know I think Attack on Titans OP is absolute trash lol

That said I still think that Tank! from Bebop is the best song to ever be used as an OP but if I have to pick the best opening, music and visuals, for me it's gotta be "again" by YUI from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (even if I'm not as mad for the show as everyone else seems to be lol).

The way they mix the music with the visuals is, in my opinion, a triumph of art. I could sit down and write a book about everything this OP does right. At the 47 second mark when the tempo kicks up and we see Ed lose his arm and leg, Alphonse his whole body, and Winry take an unseen blow that rocks her to her core with the hurt and stunned look on her face...Jesus I get chills every time. Those few seconds have more emotional impact on me than anything in the show it's self and that's saying a lot.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post