Favourite Badass Chick Band or Singer?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2012, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2012 04:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Favourite Badass Chick Band or Singer?
Grace Slick is pretty badass. Kinda like Joplin only on acid instead of whiskey. I mean Girl was prepared to dose Nixon with some acid when her class got an invite to a formal tea at the White House. That's pretty fucking badass. Evil_monster ... I think it might've done Tricky Dick some good.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Wink RE: Favourite Badass Chick Band or Singer?

I was going to mention Nico (solo stuff, not Velvet Underground stuff) but I couldn't decide on what song to link to.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Wendy O Williams - mos def bad ass. Took a bit of searching to find a video with her actually wearing a shirt on stage. Plasmatics had an awesome mix of punk/rock sound. With Wendy's special forte of sawing guitars in half without wearing any safety gear, or much of anything else, I'd say she's in the running for this thread.

[+] 2 users Like Grassy Knoll's post
14-10-2012, 10:26 PM
(14-10-2012 08:17 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Wendy O Williams - mos def bad ass.

I'm gonna second that one, Grassy. Thumbsup Tried to kill herself by hammering a knife into her chest only to get it stuck in her sternum (most badass), then tried to OD on Mormon Tea/ephedra (not so badass, pretty unreliable method), and then successfully offed herself with a gunshot wound (proper badass).

"I don't believe that people should take their own lives without deep and thoughtful reflection over a considerable period of time. I do believe strongly, however, that the right to do so is one of the most fundamental rights that anyone in a free society should have. For me, much of the world makes no sense, but my feelings about what I am doing ring loud and clear to an inner ear and a place where there is no self, only calm." - Wendy O. Williams Suicide Note

That's fucking badass. Yeah, think I'm gonna have to go with Grassy on this one. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Grace Slick definitely...but back when it was Jefferson Airplane...Starship took the bite out of the group, they got all pop sounding and lost their edge.

Janis also pretty bad ass, lots of raw emotion there.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-10-2012, 11:08 AM
(14-10-2012 08:17 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Wendy O Williams - mos def bad ass. Took a bit of searching to find a video with her actually wearing a shirt on stage. Plasmatics had an awesome mix of punk/rock sound. With Wendy's special forte of sawing guitars in half without wearing any safety gear, or much of anything else, I'd say she's in the running for this thread.

Thumbsup This is who I had in mind when I made the thread. Wanted to see if anyone else would mention her. Now, wasn't there a video of her driving a car through a wall of T.V.'s or something like that? Wendy was definitely a badass bitch! Another chick that comes to mind is Kathleen Hanna of Bikini Kill, though the feminism does get a bit tired after a while.

On a side-note, thank you TTA for no one bringing up Courtney Love! I was waiting for that one, and she is just a dumb bitch that married a self-hating rock star.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
15-10-2012, 12:20 PM

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
16-10-2012, 06:29 PM
I fucking love Janelle Monae. They toured with my favorite band, of Montreal, a couple years back and is featured on their album, False Priest. I love her performance style and she's just generally funktastic.
http://youtu.be/LHgbzNHVg0c

"If God is real, he better have a good excuse." - Woody Allen
[+] 1 user Likes Wolfmurder's post
25-10-2012, 09:17 AM
No one mentioned Joan Jett yet?????

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 1 user Likes PeterKA's post
25-10-2012, 09:28 AM
I've always been a bit of a Nina Hagen fan Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume