Favourite Sci-Fi movie?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: Favourite Sci-Fi movie?
(20-03-2017 05:54 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Forbidden Planet.

Damnit, Min... I scroll to the bottom, after reading everyone's answers, and think I'm going to put "Forbidden Planet" down here... and THERE YOU FREAKIN' ARE... damnit.

Tongue

I'm still a huge fan of Star Wars: A New Hope (original version), and of Aliens, which are both excellent choices, but I think the nod goes to the original big-budget sci-fi breakthrough. It simultaneously awed and scared the shit out of me, as a kid, and still to this day I never fail to enjoy it when I watch it again as an adult.

Honorable mentions to 2001: A Space Oddysey, District 9, the first two Terminator films, and to the animated but in my opinion woefully underrated The Iron Giant.

I still cry every time I watch The Iron Giant, when he says "Supa-mannn."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-03-2017, 06:58 PM
I saw a double header of Outland (Sean Connery) and Alien in the theater with a roommate I went through Radioman's school with....

We dropped acid beforehand.

I was peaking when the fucking Alien came outta the guy's chest......

Explains a lot, eh?

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-03-2017, 07:13 PM
I can't say that I have one particular Sci-fi film which is my favorite. I have several in my collection which I watch a few times annually:

All of the Alien films.
All of the Predator films.
The Resident Evil series.
Outland
The Red Planet
Fantastic Planet
2001: A Space Odyssey
2010: A Space Odyssey
Supernova

All of the Star Trek TNG films
THX1138
[+] 4 users Like Gwaithmir's post
20-03-2017, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2017 07:25 PM by BackSlider.)
I actually thought "The Borg" on Star Trek was one of their best stories.

Blade Runner is forever in my library. Love the music, the rainy chitty weather and oooh, that one that may not ever die.
So much of that one is awesome storytelling.

Aliens was truly a lesson in scare-science at it's best and awesome.

Terminator held the top spot for such a LONG time too. Had me fixed in place after: "what the fuc..., laundry day?"

RocketSurgeon76, now really, Iron Giant?!
I want some of what you're smoking friend. Must be a story behind that one!

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 3 users Like BackSlider's post
20-03-2017, 07:22 PM
(20-03-2017 07:17 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  I actually thought "The Borg" on Star Trek was one of their best stories.

Blade Runner is forever in my library. Love the music, the rainy chitty weather and oooh, that one that may not ever die.

Terminator held the top spot for such a LONG time too. Had me fixed in place after: "what the fuc..., laundry day?"

> Yes, how could I have forgotten? Blade Runner should also be on my list, the version with the Harrison Ford voiceover. Also, Robocop 1, Robocop 2 (Peter Weller) Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
20-03-2017, 07:26 PM
Spaceballs!! Sorry, had to throw that out there =)
ok i'll go back to lurking nowYes
[+] 5 users Like mustardseed's post
20-03-2017, 07:28 PM
(20-03-2017 07:22 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 07:17 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  I actually thought "The Borg" on Star Trek was one of their best stories.

> Yes, how could I have forgotten? Blade Runner should also be on my list, the version with the Harrison Ford voiceover. Also, Robocop 1, Robocop 2 (Peter Weller) Thumbsup

There's another one??????

Gasp

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-03-2017, 07:30 PM
(20-03-2017 07:26 PM)mustardseed Wrote:  Spaceballs!! Sorry, had to throw that out there =)
ok i'll go back to lurking nowYes

> Spaceballs isn't one of my favorites, but I do have it in my collection because John Candy is in it. Also, Soylent Green because I like Edward G. Robinson.
20-03-2017, 07:32 PM
(20-03-2017 07:28 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 07:22 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Yes, how could I have forgotten? Blade Runner should also be on my list, the version with the Harrison Ford voiceover. Also, Robocop 1, Robocop 2 (Peter Weller) Thumbsup

There's another one??????

Gasp

> There are four versions of Blade Runner. The 4-disc set is available on Amazon.
20-03-2017, 07:44 PM
(20-03-2017 07:30 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Spaceballs isn't one of my favorites, but I do have it in my collection because John Candy is in it. Also, Soylent Green because I like Edward G. Robinson.

oh yeah! definitely a fan of John Candy! Funny, we were cooking dinner tonight and my husband mentioned Soylent GreenDodgy