Golf
Other (please specify)
[Show Results]

Favourite Sport?!?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-02-2012, 12:56 PM
RE: Favourite Sport?!?
(07-02-2012 12:50 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Learning to boulder better at the rock climbing wall as well, but overall I'm a terrible climber.

Squats and pull ups. DO IT!

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 09:53 PM
I didn't feel that Athletics adequately covered lifting big rocks off the ground and throwing them through the air so I voted other.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-02-2012, 10:01 PM
I've played tons and enjoy playing most. It's watching I can't stand.
If I had to pik a favorite I'd pick MMA.
I used to fight a lot not for sport or anything but I fought enough that I can appreciate a good bout of violence.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2012, 10:17 PM
(07-02-2012 09:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I didn't feel that Athletics adequately covered lifting big rocks off the ground and throwing them through the air so I voted other.

Och, a Scottish laddie.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2012, 10:26 PM
(07-02-2012 10:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 09:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I didn't feel that Athletics adequately covered lifting big rocks off the ground and throwing them through the air so I voted other.

Och, a Scottish laddie.

Aye, Clan Fraser on my mother's side. Tribe Kickapoo on my dad's. Huh

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-05-2012, 12:05 AM
American football for me, but I'll watch (=happily fall asleep to) almost any sport.
22-05-2012, 03:23 AM
Tennis, it is simple and interesting game, I play tennis everyday with my hubby as a hobby and as well as exercise.
23-05-2012, 10:03 AM
See attachment for my answer...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
23-05-2012, 10:50 AM
I went for Rugby... can't help feel a surge of adrenaline when I see Shane Williams with the ball and feel the anticipation and expectation of the crowd when he does.
It's been a good year for me... Welsh Grand Slam and Reading being promoted to the Premiership.
I too was captain of volleyball at school and a long distance runner but now can bearly run to the 7/11 to get my cigarettes. A bit useful at snooker but my eyesight failing now.

23-05-2012, 11:47 AM
(13-08-2011 06:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I've noticed that no-one on this forum ever seems to talk about sport. I'm not an athlete in any way, though I did represent my school in football (soccer), cricket and long distance running. I also captained my primary school team in volleyball but unfortunately my high school didn't have a team Sad. Since leaving school I just occasionally play sport for fun, especially at the school where I work where I quite often play football (soccer), tennis, cricket, badminton and ping-pong with the kids. Apart from that I'm an armchair sports fan, taken to watching the footie with a beer as opposed to playing it.

So, what's your favourite sport? Does anyone play professionally? Do we have any super-athletes in our midst? What's your favourite sport? Or are we just a group of lazy people just like conservapedia said we are Big Grin?

I'll get the ball rolling and put football as my favourite, love watching it, playing it, just love everything about it!

PS. Sorry if your favourite isn't up there, I have tried my best to put what I think are popular world sports.

I play ultimate frisbee year round on rec teams around north TX.( which I liken as a combo of soccer/flag football but with a frisbee ).

I also am a distance runner -- right now I'm running 8-10 miles nearly every other day. I just like to keep my miles up to run various races.

I also do heated yoga several times a week and various different random exercises-- sprints,plyometrics--whatever floats my boat for the day.

Pretty much I'll do anything active if asked or joined by others-- occasionaly indoor rock climbing --blah blah ect.

I love being active and it is the ONLY thing that keeps me sane!

As for watching sports- I enjoy NFL football and am a big Colts fan Smile ( even without Manning--however now I'll be watching the Broncos too.. ugh-- he does NOT look right in that uniform Sad )

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 2 users Like k37713's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What makes a sport? BrokenQuill92 7 348 28-08-2013 09:12 PM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  First current player on a major American team sport comes out cufflink 5 327 29-04-2013 03:24 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x