Golf
Other (please specify)
[Show Results]

Favourite Sport?!?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-05-2012, 11:58 AM
RE: Favourite Sport?!?
(06-02-2012 10:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Baseball has been very, very good to me.
Scotty, are you a soccer hooligan? I've always wanted to hang out with some hooligans...as long as they don't hurt me. Shy

Buckminster likes tennis, and getting his drug fix, (endorphins from running), but most of all, one of life's peak experiences ... surfing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Is skydiving a sport? I dunno, but it's a whole whack of fun.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
23-05-2012, 01:27 PM
(23-05-2012 12:40 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Is skydiving a sport? I dunno, but it's a whole whack of fun.

I vote YES! Definitley something I will get into when I have more funds to throw at it!! Bowing

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
23-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Bloody expensive, that's for sure.

Learn to pack chutes early on. Most places around here will give you jumps for packing chutes. Only problem is,,there's usually a couple people waiting to pack, so it can take a while to pack enough to get a jump.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
23-05-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't do any sports, just exercise. There's no joy in it, only maintenance of the creaky and dusty physical vessel and in 6 years it didn't get any better. But it's less trouble that way for everyone. My idea of the best sport ever is to go on a hike, run, swim or bike ride with someone interesting to talk with.

I don't play collective sports like soccer, because I tend to change the rules: I count as a minus one player and the half-time signal is sounded by the ambulance.

23-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Nobody like America's favorite .. drinking beer at Nascar ?

[Image: nascar1.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-05-2012, 04:30 PM
My tops are surfing, mountain climbing, running, yoga, basketball and volleyball. I love croquette too, but it's not really active.

I've been skydiving a couple times and have two horrible experiences, I will never go again. I understand it as a bucket list and realize surfing is probably even more dangerous, but I just didn't enjoy it as much to outweigh the risk.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
23-05-2012, 04:37 PM
I am a world class klutz so the closest to sport I get involved in is paddling around our pool.

I am an American football watcher although I didn't pay much attention last year since Peyton Manning was not playing so the Colts were crap. (They had been my team for several years.) Will see how the Broncos do this season with Peyton heading to Denver.

Would rather take a beating than watch or hear any type of auto racing which my husband is addicted to.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
24-05-2012, 03:26 AM
(23-05-2012 02:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nobody like America's favorite .. drinking beer at Nascar ?

And he is going ... left, then left again, now straight a bit, then left, then left again, straight and then left, left again, keep going left...

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-epi...and-stupid

I'm starting to wonder is there any theme that South Park didn't already cover...

Consider

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
24-05-2012, 02:58 PM
(13-08-2011 06:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I've noticed that no-one on this forum ever seems to talk about sport.

So, what's your favourite sport? Does anyone play professionally? Do we have any super-athletes in our midst? What's your favourite sport? Or are we just a group of lazy people just like conservapedia said we are?

Being lazy and being athletic, hmm; for me, that goes hand and hand. I'm the Randy Moss type of person (and I support those types of people) who pisses off the Jerry Rices of the world.

Here is a quote from an article that describes what I'm talking about:
Quote:“It was hard for me to swallow because I was not as talented and I had
to work harder,” Rice said. “To see a guy with that much talent not give
it 100 percent, it was almost like a little slap in the face. But Randy
was Randy.”

To those people I always feel like saying...forget it, I won't talk about it.

To answer the question, I'd have to say basketball is by far my favorite sport. I am just about as sure of that as I am of my atheism.

I played football (American) in high school and never really played organized basketball at all (don't ask why), but I like basketball a lot better. Mainly because in basketball, you can show off and display skills and athleticism more readily and easily.

A lot less things have to happen, like the out of your control in football, to get a "damn" reaction in basketball.

In football, you have to worry about too much happening in order for you to get off; there are too many moving parts and variables.

In basketball, your skills are always on display, and you have to worry a lot less about what others are doing. Worse case scenario, Kobe Bryant is on your team and won't pass the ball, then you just curse him out and tell him to pass the damn ball and stop being a bitch, and you can get on with your shit. If you have players who are straight garbage, you can just 'make them play better' and in turn make yourself look that much better.

Basketball can display individual talent, but it is also a team sport as well, so it provides that balance. You can feed off others energy, talk shit together and for each other, take some of the pressure off yourself at times in a game, but then when it's go time, it's give me the ball and get out the way.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell