Rugby
Athletics
Golf
Other (please specify)
[Show Results]

Favourite Sport?!?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-10-2012, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2012 07:26 AM by Vera.)
RE: Favourite Sport?!?
Playing or watching?

Playing (if you can all it that) - horseback riding by a looooong shot. Biking's great, too. Is shooting (target practice) a sport? If yes, then shooting, as well (and leaving the used target sheets on my boss's desk when he pisses me off... well, back when I still had a boss). Would love to go rowing if I lived near a lake or something.

Watching - athletics, esp. javelin and pole vaulting.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarder├▓."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2012, 07:41 PM
I am not really a sporty type of person. My absolute favourite sport to watch is Sumo. Love it. Love the technique, love the theatrics and ceremony, and of course, my favourite wrestler - Baruto.

As for playing, I just recently started playing Frisbee Golf with some guys from work. I've been having a lot of fun with that.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-10-2012, 09:07 PM
I love Australian Rules Football (footy). I've been watching since the final of 2005 (go Swannies!) and I learned the game fairly quickly mostly just by watching it. I'm an American living in America so I have to go out of my way to get to see it. I grew up watching American football and ice hockey, and I still like those too, though I'm not really that into hockey any more.

Footy is unlike any other sport I've ever watched. A game played on an oval double the size of a (American) football field, with players wearing no padding or helmets, played as non-stop as possible at the speed of hockey that still has lots of collisions and leaping for the ball and running and kicking... I love it. After the footy season is over and I start watching American football again, sometimes I get annoyed with how slowly it goes. And they drop the football on the ground and leave it there! Scoop that up and -- oh, wait. Smile Footy has no such thing as a 'dead ball'.

But now I'm watching the NFL again and I'm used to it again already -- footy season only ended a month ago.

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
21-10-2012, 09:12 PM
(23-05-2012 11:58 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Buckminster likes tennis, and getting his drug fix, (endorphins from running), but most of all, one of life's peak experiences ... surfing.

Oh, that IS the best surfing video ever! *swoon* I've long wanted to learn to surf. I have this fear of drowning though...Weeping

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
21-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Paragliding and auto racing.
25-10-2012, 03:55 AM
Sex.

I'm too lazy for all that other stuff.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Favourite Sport?!?
(25-10-2012 03:55 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Sex.

It's nice to have a hobby you can do alone.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
26-10-2012, 05:52 AM
(25-10-2012 10:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-10-2012 03:55 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Sex.

It's nice to have a hobby you can do alone.

Big Grin

Yabut. I got my Gwynnies, I'm never alone. Thumbsup

What surprised me is that six pages in and you didn't mention it. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
26-10-2012, 06:55 AM
Who's the other golfer?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
05-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Re: Favourite Sport?!?
Time to boast. Big Grin

I don't have stats, I live in a small town, no one keeps stats. Unless you go to playoffs, which we did. Lost first round though. Haha.

WR/KR/Slot Back
Honorable mention All-Area.
1st team All-Conference.
5 TDs receiving
2 Kick Return TDs
1 Reverse (rushing) TD

I've been on TV 4 times.

Might not seen important, but it is to me. I've played football forever. Hope to play in college.

NFL: Cincinnati Bengals
NCAA: Michigan

I am not quite sure what I am, just not religious, at all. But, I like being on a forum with smart, non-religious people. Very interesting material.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What makes a sport? BrokenQuill92 7 348 28-08-2013 09:12 PM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  First current player on a major American team sport comes out cufflink 5 327 29-04-2013 03:24 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x