Rugby
Athletics
Golf
Other (please specify)
[Show Results]

Favourite Sport?!?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-08-2011, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2011 06:50 PM by Hughsie.)
Favourite Sport?!?
I've noticed that no-one on this forum ever seems to talk about sport. I'm not an athlete in any way, though I did represent my school in football (soccer), cricket and long distance running. I also captained my primary school team in volleyball but unfortunately my high school didn't have a team Sad. Since leaving school I just occasionally play sport for fun, especially at the school where I work where I quite often play football (soccer), tennis, cricket, badminton and ping-pong with the kids. Apart from that I'm an armchair sports fan, taken to watching the footie with a beer as opposed to playing it.

So, what's your favourite sport? Does anyone play professionally? Do we have any super-athletes in our midst? What's your favourite sport? Or are we just a group of lazy people just like conservapedia said we are Big Grin?

I'll get the ball rolling and put football as my favourite, love watching it, playing it, just love everything about it!

PS. Sorry if your favourite isn't up there, I have tried my best to put what I think are popular world sports.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2011, 07:24 PM
RE: Favourite Sport?!?
Football. But ive been bored of it for a while now, basically since i gave up my season ticket a few years ago.
13-08-2011, 09:06 PM
(13-08-2011 06:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I've noticed that no-one on this forum ever seems to talk about sport. I'm not an athlete in any way, though I did represent my school in football (soccer), cricket and long distance running. I also captained my primary school team in volleyball but unfortunately my high school didn't have a team Sad. Since leaving school I just occasionally play sport for fun, especially at the school where I work where I quite often play football (soccer), tennis, cricket, badminton and ping-pong with the kids. Apart from that I'm an armchair sports fan, taken to watching the footie with a beer as opposed to playing it.

So, what's your favourite sport? Does anyone play professionally? Do we have any super-athletes in our midst? What's your favourite sport? Or are we just a group of lazy people just like conservapedia said we are Big Grin?

I'll get the ball rolling and put football as my favourite, love watching it, playing it, just love everything about it!

PS. Sorry if your favourite isn't up there, I have tried my best to put what I think are popular world sports.
I like rounders!

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
14-08-2011, 01:30 AM
I like curling. Or Jai-Alai, both awesome albeit in extremely different ways. I probably like Jai-Alai more, too bad I can only ever see it on youtube.

"Ford! There's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out."
~Arthur Dent, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
14-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Hughsie what footie team do you support?

(14-08-2011 01:30 AM)otaku_cj Wrote:  I like curling. Or Jai-Alai, both awesome albeit in extremely different ways. I probably like Jai-Alai more, too bad I can only ever see it on youtube.

I had to look that sport up. I've seen it on tv but never actually seen it played.
14-08-2011, 10:09 AM
(14-08-2011 07:19 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Hughsie what footie team do you support?

I'm a Stockport County fan so things not going so well at the moment, I did see them at Wembley a few years ago though. I also support Man City and Liverpool as my mums a lifelong City fan and my dads a lifelong Liverpool fan.

How about you?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
14-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Ah right. I'm a Celtic fan. Had to give the season ticket up when I turned 18 and the only other seat I could get was down at the end the rangers fans get. So I'd miss those matches so decided there wasn't much point in going only to miss the best games of the season.
I also like Liverpool not a supporter but Y.N.W.A
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
16-08-2011, 07:00 AM
I hate football, it is the most boring game ever. I don't even like sports, I like skills. I used to do free climbing and Aikido and those two I just love, but it can hardly be qualified as a sport, climbing can, but Aikido ca not, it is a martial art. So I don't really like sports, I like extreme skills and martial arts.

Smile

I think about starting to train in extreme ironing, that is a cool thing to do...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
06-02-2012, 01:51 PM
I like MMA and Boxing and did some ameture boxing when I was a young pup. (no I am not violent cavemanl) I am just a caveman,but not violent!

Give a man a fish ,you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish ,you feed him for a life time,give a man religion,he will die praying for a fish
06-02-2012, 04:11 PM
I fight... with weapons. It's a good and violent time.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post