Favourite Superhero? [And Why]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: Favourite Superhero? [And Why]
Doctor Doom. (Hey, he's a hero in Latveria.)

But, if you insist... Mogo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2017, 01:22 AM
(21-10-2017 05:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-10-2017 05:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Batroc the leaper Laugh out load
Zee Master of Savate zee French art of Boxing with zee Feet.

That is MMA legend George St-Pierre playing Batroc.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
22-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Don’t have a favorite superhero.
Closest thing to it is John Constantine from the comic Hellblazer.

Why? First of all, because he’s not “super”. He’s a person. John’s weapon is mostly his wit.
Secondly, he doesn’t prowl streets looking for trouble – trouble finds him through the people in his life. Since he’s not a god in a rubber suit he can’t save everybody all the time; for this he is hated by pretty much anyone who knows of him.
If you can’t stop an apocalypse without any human casualties, it’s a thankless job in Hellblazer-verse.
He makes hard choices, isn’t above cruelty to his adversaries and falls into deep despair at times over the cost of his victories.
Someone who can lose, who doesn’t have superpowers or the adulation of millions but still steps up, that’s a hero.
[+] 3 users Like M. Linoge's post
23-10-2017, 05:24 AM
(22-10-2017 09:29 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  Don’t have a favorite superhero.
Closest thing to it is John Constantine from the comic Hellblazer.

Why? First of all, because he’s not “super”. He’s a person. John’s weapon is mostly his wit.
Secondly, he doesn’t prowl streets looking for trouble – trouble finds him through the people in his life. Since he’s not a god in a rubber suit he can’t save everybody all the time; for this he is hated by pretty much anyone who knows of him.
If you can’t stop an apocalypse without any human casualties, it’s a thankless job in Hellblazer-verse.
He makes hard choices, isn’t above cruelty to his adversaries and falls into deep despair at times over the cost of his victories.
Someone who can lose, who doesn’t have superpowers or the adulation of millions but still steps up, that’s a hero.
Do you recommend any good Hellblazer books? I initially found out about him from the Keanu Reeves movie.

His part in the Injustice comic book was fantastic, (A series I highly recommend if anybody has the chance.)

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
23-10-2017, 06:55 AM
Jesus could undoubtedly beat any other superhero.
And if you kill him he just comes back.
Beat that Superman!
But he needs a better outfit and some cool stuff like death ray eyes.

[Image: superhero-JC.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
23-10-2017, 11:15 AM
(23-10-2017 06:55 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Jesus could undoubtedly beat any other superhero.
Beat that Superman!

[Image: my-god-has-a-hammer-your-god-was-nailed-...e-math.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-10-2017, 12:12 PM
(23-10-2017 06:55 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Jesus could undoubtedly beat any other superhero.
Beat that Superman!

Jesus would be a terrible superhero. What's he gonna do, throw loaves of bread and fish? Walk on water? Shoot nails out of his wrists? Ok, that last one sounds pretty badass... Still, they would have to do a serious overhaul of his character. Maybe make the fish piranhas or something.
23-10-2017, 05:53 PM
(23-10-2017 12:12 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
Beat that Superman!

Jesus would be a terrible superhero. What's he gonna do, throw loaves of bread and fish? Walk on water? Shoot nails out of his wrists? Ok, that last one sounds pretty badass... Still, they would have to do a serious overhaul of his character. Maybe make the fish piranhas or something.

Strike him in the face and he'll turn the other cheek...BUT HIS OTHER CHEEK SHOOTS LASERS SO WATCH OUT MOTHERFUCKER

[+] 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
24-10-2017, 07:03 AM
(23-10-2017 05:24 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Do you recommend any good Hellblazer books? I initially found out about him from the Keanu Reeves movie.

His part in the Injustice comic book was fantastic, (A series I highly recommend if anybody has the chance.)

Dangerous Habits, above all.
Any story worth reading is best savored by starting at the beginning. However, if one must compromise, DH is the best place to hit the ground running. It’s the compendium Hollywood used to make the film.
Without reading The Fear Machine arc, or the conflict with Nergal, some minor details will be confusing.
From there on, John’s meeting with the First of the Three will be the center of the plot and culminate in Rake at the Gates of Hell – after the Bloodlines + Fear and Loathing + Tainted Love compendiums.
Which is a lot.

Short-stories separate from the main plot I’d recommend are: 1) Son of Man, this one is a mild attempt at comedy. At a few points, John will turn his head and address you, the reader.
2) Haunted.
3) Hard Time.

Black Flowers + Staring at the Wall - is one of my favorite arcs. It’s more of a new beginning, like Dangerous Habits, so you won’t need to read the previous compendium to understand what’s happening.

If you haven't heard of it, I also recommend Lucifer. A series set in the same universe with the lightbringer as the main character. https://www.amazon.com/Lucifer-Book-One-...fer+book+1
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
24-10-2017, 07:10 AM
Awesome, I'll check that out!

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user