Favourite movie in Black and white?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: Favourite movie in Black and white?
I would be torn between To Kill a Mockingbird and 12 Angry Men, but I would have to go with To Kill a Mockingbird.

I love the scene in 12 Angry Men when the one guy is ranting against Puerto Ricans and the rest of the jurors, recognizing his racism, turn their backs on him. That's just so well done.

But overall, To Kill a Mockingbird is just such a brilliant movie and story. I have to go with it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TwoCultSurvivor's post
03-06-2013, 03:46 PM
The Web (1947)
Crime / Thriller Thumbsup

Vincent Price! Nuff said Drinking Beverage

03-06-2013, 04:27 PM
12 Angry Men.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
03-06-2013, 07:38 PM
King Kong

and
Godzilla!!!

"It's all bullshit, we know it, and you know it, you're either to fucking stupid to realize it, or too chickenshit to admit it." -pablo. Bowing
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
03-06-2013, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 10:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-06-2013 05:52 AM)MAnderson Wrote:  I love to watch Charlie Chaplin black and white movies. Those are so funny.

No fuckin' words required. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Photo RE: Favourite movie in Black and white?
Ed Wood

[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post
17-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Lots have already said it, but 12 Angry Men has to be my favorite. Coming in a close second would be, and this is a cheat, because they are not movies are several Twilight Zone episodes. Eye of the Beholder being my personal fave.
23-06-2013, 11:53 PM
It'd have to be Ingmar Bergman's 1957 Medieval-themed masterpiece The Seventh Seal. You guys would love it; it's about the absence of God in dark times. I mean, as long as you don't mind subtitles (it's a Swedish film). François Truffaut's 1959 portrait of troubled youth The 400 Blows (French) comes in second and Bergman's 1960 tale of primal vengeance The Virgin Spring (Swedish) in third.

As for films in English, as clichéd as it sounds, Orson Welles's 1941 Citizen Kane is my pick. Second is Billy Wilder's 1950 Sunset Boulevard, and third is Martin Scorsese's 1980 Raging Bull.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
30-06-2013, 04:46 AM
(23-06-2013 11:53 PM)jkshrout Wrote:  It'd have to be Ingmar Bergman's 1957 Medieval-themed masterpiece The Seventh Seal. You guys would love it; it's about the absence of God in dark times. I mean, as long as you don't mind subtitles (it's a Swedish film). François Truffaut's 1959 portrait of troubled youth The 400 Blows (French) comes in second and Bergman's 1960 tale of primal vengeance The Virgin Spring (Swedish) in third.

As for films in English, as clichéd as it sounds, Orson Welles's 1941 Citizen Kane is my pick. Second is Billy Wilder's 1950 Sunset Boulevard, and third is Martin Scorsese's 1980 Raging Bull.
The 400 Blows was great. The Seventh Seal was good too.
06-07-2013, 09:26 AM
I HAVE to say the Invisible Man, based on the novel of the same name by H.G. Wells. When I watched the movie it was like reading the book all over again. Exactly how I imagined the characters and the hotel/bar to look like.