Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
31-08-2011, 04:42 AM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(30-08-2011 10:38 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Yum! Pass the gravy...

they are a "Blackened death metal" band... basically a combination of Black Metal and Death Metal... and Black Metal is like 96% about Satan Worship, so there ya go! lol

Pretty much Black Metal is everything creationist christians THINK atheists are!

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2011, 04:55 AM
(04-04-2011 07:29 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  I like Baron's first pic especially. The last picture is disturbing, however it certainly does put into context the line from that old hymn, "Jesus loves the little children. "

[Image: logo-Christian-cartoons.jpg]

[Image: mo_cartoon_2.jpg]

[Image: 0037.jpg]

[Image: innman.jpg]

[Image: oliphant_2_22.gif]

The nipple one killed me! I never really thought about creationists explanation for that.
31-08-2011, 05:05 AM

(01-06-2011 10:23 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(25-05-2011 03:05 PM)The Holy Goat Wrote:  Here's another from one of my favourite Bible stories.

[Image: biblestories2.jpg]
Whoever made this picture didn't study carefully what the Bible said. There are two things he didn't understand.

First, there is the reason for the attack. The children said, "Go up, thou bald head." He focused on the reference to Elisha's baldness, but he overlooked completely the meaning of the words "Go up." Shortly before this Elijah had been carried into heaven by God. The children were expressing their disbelief in this by challenging Elisha to go up as Elijah had. This was the reason they were punished.

Second, he pictures the children as being very young. This isn't necessarily the case. When the Israelites refused to enter the promised land because of fear God declared that that generation would die in the wilderness and their children would enter the land instead. Look as exactly what he said, in Numbers 14:29-31:
Quote:Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward which have murmured against me. Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, concerning which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun. But your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, them will I bring in, and they shall know the land which ye have despised.
Those who will enter the land are called "little ones" which sound as if they were small children, but in fact the term means anyone below the age of 20. The same thing is true of the "little children" who were attacked by the bears. They could in fact have been 18 or 19 years old, which would make them adults by today's standards.

Often when people criticize the Bible it is because they don't understand what it says. When you think that something in the Bible is wrong it would be a good idea to do some research to make sure you really understand it. You can find a lot of good commentaries online here:

http://biblecommenter.com/

i understand it just fine, and i also understand that 20 year olds werent considered little ones back then. thats like middle aged for their lifespan. people started families while they were in their early teens. thats why jews today still have the barmitzvah at 13. if they said little ones, they would have been younger than that. no matter what you say, it doesnt justify ordering bears to eat people, no more than you can justify giving a mans sole to satan because he wanted to sacrifice animals to god instead of killing them, then damning him for the things he does once hes poccessed by the demons your god gave him to. no more than you can justify forcing girls to marry the man that rapes them. want a wife? just go rape the hottest virgin you see and shes yours. sounds like a real smart god to me.
Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2011, 12:43 PM
[Image: PaS1W.png]

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
[+] 1 user Likes Efrx86's post
01-09-2011, 12:51 AM
[Image: Evolution.png]
Somehow still more useful then what creationists know about evolution
[Image: lets-talk-about-jesus.jpg]
[Image: danny,religion,atheism,atheist,bible,chr...5400_h.jpg]
[Image: atheism,creationism,creationist,hovind,k...99ea_h.jpg]
[Image: humor,portrait,religion,vintage-52efc6c0...aec7_h.jpg]
Look at the abs closely. You cannot unsee it! Hooray for middle ages artwork!
[Image: visual,text,funny,pink,religion,words,at...1a6c_h.jpg]

"Ford! There's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out."
~Arthur Dent, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
[+] 2 users Like otaku_cj's post
02-09-2011, 07:39 AM
[Image: god-looks-like.jpg]

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
[+] 5 users Like Efrx86's post
03-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Ha ha this makes me laugh everytime.

Christian drum and bass.
(drum and bass music dubbed over religious ceremonys)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtQkgY4KCZk

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
03-09-2011, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2011 09:51 PM by Efrx86.)
[Image: Fp3G1.png]

[Image: gSdiZ.jpg]

[Image: LMWA7.jpg]

[Image: OJ99A.gif]

[Image: X3mH2.jpg]

03-09-2011, 09:50 PM
[Image: B1pia.png]

06-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Not a picture but worth watching. For those who have not seen this, I think this is, hands down, the best video on Noah's Ark I've ever seen.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post