Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
18-11-2014, 03:10 AM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(17-11-2014 09:29 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Sticking with the Sye Ten theme...

[Image: sye%252520ten_thumb.jpg?imgmax=800]

[Image: YouTube+-+Bill+O_Reilly+vs.+David+Silver...+Scams.png]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
18-11-2014, 01:34 PM
[Image: christianity-vs-islam-debate-atheism-gnu...ligion.png]

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 7 users Like Impulse's post
18-11-2014, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2014 05:37 PM by earmuffs.)

I watched that debate and I think Sye has a valid point regarding that quote.
Sye says that the Koran says that the Bible is a previous revelation from God (which I assume the koran does in fact say) and when asked than why don't Muslims follow the bible they say that the bible is 'corrupted'. BUT if the bible says that God's word is incorruptible than how can the bible be 'corrupted' and so the Koran must be false under it's own scripture.

(obviously both a bunch of bullshit but you gotta play along sometimes)

So while we might laugh at his quote, he does make a very good point, IMO, that if the Koran is true, than the bible is true and if the bible is true than the Koran is false. Meaning, if you believe in the Koran, than you must believe in the Bible instead and disregard the Koran. So that believing in the Koran is a sort of "step" to believing in the bible.
I get why it's stupid and funny but I get where Sye is coming from too.

Anyway, it's my day off and I shouldn't be wasting it on thinking about which theists are stupider than which theists.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-11-2014, 05:51 PM
[Image: 29C880C0-04B2-4782-8B87-6634694619CC-989...06f436.jpg]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 13 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-11-2014, 07:34 PM
(18-11-2014 05:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

I watched that debate and I think Sye has a valid point regarding that quote.
Sye says that the Koran says that the Bible is a previous revelation from God (which I assume the koran does in fact say) and when asked than why don't Muslims follow the bible they say that the bible is 'corrupted'. BUT if the bible says that God's word is incorruptible than how can the bible be 'corrupted' and so the Koran must be false under it's own scripture.

So while we might laugh at his quote, he does make a very good point, IMO, that if the Koran is true, than the bible is true and if the bible is true than the Koran is false. Meaning, if you believe in the Koran, than you must believe in the Bible instead and disregard the Koran. So that believing in the Koran is a sort of "step" to believing in the bible.

Anyway, it's my day off and I shouldn't be wasting it on thinking about which theists are stupider than which theists.

But if the Koran is false and it says the Bible is true, does that mean the Bible is false?

I'm getting dizzy from spinning in circles... Hobo

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
18-11-2014, 09:51 PM
[Image: 8e3.jpg]
[+] 14 users Like Bear100's post
19-11-2014, 03:09 AM
(18-11-2014 07:34 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(18-11-2014 05:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I watched that debate and I think Sye has a valid point regarding that quote.

But if the Koran is false and it says the Bible is true, does that mean the Bible is false?

I'm getting dizzy from spinning in circles... Hobo

The point is that it's a contradiction to believe the Koran is God's word. And further that if Muslim's were to actually believe and follow their scripture (Coran) than they should all be Christians because their (Muslim's) scripture says the Bible (Christian scripture) is true and the Bible says that God's word is in-corruptible (while the Coeran says the Bible needed a bit of an update).

[Image: oscar.png]
19-11-2014, 11:27 AM
(18-11-2014 05:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  [Image: 29C880C0-04B2-4782-8B87-6634694619CC-989...06f436.jpg]

Lol, that must be a well-behaved dog to not be pouncing on that peanut butter. Big Grin

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
19-11-2014, 01:49 PM
(18-11-2014 03:10 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  [Image: YouTube+-+Bill+O_Reilly+vs.+David+Silver...+Scams.png]

Ah, yes, the inspiration for the meme I've been using as my avatar.
19-11-2014, 02:03 PM
(19-11-2014 01:49 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(18-11-2014 03:10 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  [Image: YouTube+-+Bill+O_Reilly+vs.+David+Silver...+Scams.png]

Ah, yes, the inspiration for the meme I've been using as my avatar.

Yep...David's epic response to Bill O'Reilly saying "The tide goes in. The tide goes out. You can't explain that."

Facepalm

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson