Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
21-11-2014, 11:15 AM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(20-11-2014 08:31 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  [Image: 1378592_267097766781457_1878713149_n.jpg...f1e28b9b0a]

I read this and thought two things:

1) Why not change that to "Dear Lord, please magically multiply a small amount of food into a much larger amount of food to feed the multitudes, like you did before."

2) Given that apologists will say "God doesn't work that way." and "It's all part of His plan.", I want to ask them "Then why are you asking God to change his mind?"

I always have thought the same thing. Also maybe the way God works is he sends his minions, the Priests, to "wrap their arms around...and let them feel how much he loves them". The meme is pretty gay anyway so I'm surprised any Bible thumper would be passing it around.

This could be the poster for he Christian version of Brokeback Mountain.
[Image: brokebackmountainhug.jpg]

It could be called: Mt. of Olives, watch Jesus rise.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
21-11-2014, 07:32 PM
[Image: IMG_278541821742747_zpsuzzpfvsn.jpeg]
[+] 10 users Like pablo's post
22-11-2014, 12:24 PM
(20-11-2014 02:52 AM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: IMG_179768181928932_zpssanwjoiq.jpeg]

Someone should do another version of this for alternative medicine.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 2 users Like Res Publica's post
23-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Here's a helpful flow chart for the upcoming the persecution holiday season.

[Image: persecution_flowchart.0.png]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 12 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
23-11-2014, 06:59 PM
[attachment=2399]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
23-11-2014, 07:12 PM
FC,
I tried to post this cartoon, but it wouldn't work for me. Thumbsup
23-11-2014, 08:36 PM
(23-11-2014 07:12 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 06:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
FC,
I tried to post this cartoon, but it wouldn't work for me. Thumbsup

I had to capture the image from a comic website as it wasn't a jpg file and then add as a photo instead of link. Complicated...thanks for trying.

24-11-2014, 06:19 AM
(22-11-2014 12:24 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(20-11-2014 02:52 AM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: IMG_179768181928932_zpssanwjoiq.jpeg]

Someone should do another version of this for alternative medicine.

Agreed, but then it'd make more sense in the other thread.
24-11-2014, 06:47 AM
(24-11-2014 06:19 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 12:24 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Someone should do another version of this for alternative medicine.

Agreed, but then it'd make more sense in the other thread.

I'm not sure it would be a fair comparison. To paraphrase Tim Minchin's rant in Storm, any time an "alternative medicine" actually cures something it gets reclassified as "medicine" leaving only the treatments that have either not been proven to work or been proven not to work in the "alternative" column.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
25-11-2014, 10:25 AM
[Image: 4+different+versions+of+bible.jpg]

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 11 users Like Impulse's post