Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
25-11-2014, 11:09 AM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
One of my favs.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
25-11-2014, 12:43 PM
(24-11-2014 06:47 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I'm not sure it would be a fair comparison. To paraphrase Tim Minchin's rant in Storm, any time an "alternative medicine" actually cures something it gets reclassified as "medicine" leaving only the treatments that have either not been proven to work or been proven not to work in the "alternative" column.

True, although, anytime we finally understand something supernatural, it stops being supernatural and becomes natural. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
25-11-2014, 01:47 PM

OK. jokes are jokes, but, they are degrading and rude to religions. We must remember, most of these people have been brainwashed since birth. I feel very sorry for them, as I was a Christian for over 60 years (now 74) and that was the hardest thing I ever did. My brain said it wasn't right, but, my personage was so encased in the religion, I had a really hard time...took over 5 years before I could admit that I was an Atheist.
Maybe if we were kinder and more tolerant of Christians, we could help them see the truth.

Please remember the Native American Indians Heart
[+] 1 user Likes justauntb's post
25-11-2014, 02:13 PM
(25-11-2014 01:47 PM)justauntb Wrote:  
(04-04-2011 08:32 AM)Baron Wrote:  

OK. jokes are jokes, but, they are degrading and rude to religions. We must remember, most of these people have been brainwashed since birth. I feel very sorry for them, as I was a Christian for over 60 years (now 74) and that was the hardest thing I ever did. My brain said it wasn't right, but, my personage was so encased in the religion, I had a really hard time...took over 5 years before I could admit that I was an Atheist.
Maybe if we were kinder and more tolerant of Christians, we could help them see the truth.

This thread has been instrumental in helping me cope with my deconversion. Humor is a healthy coping mechanism. It's not like I'm texting these pics to my Christian husband... just my atheist brother Tongue

There is no sacred. If they can make assertions that I'm going to hell, I can make fun of T. Rex getting left off of Noah's ark.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 8 users Like Nurse's post
25-11-2014, 02:16 PM
(25-11-2014 01:47 PM)justauntb Wrote:  
(04-04-2011 08:32 AM)Baron Wrote:  

Religion is ridiculous and so deserves ridicule. We will continue to ridicule it. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
25-11-2014, 02:27 PM
(25-11-2014 01:47 PM)justauntb Wrote:  OK. jokes are jokes, but, they are degrading and rude to religions. We must remember, most of these people have been brainwashed since birth. I feel very sorry for them, as I was a Christian for over 60 years (now 74) and that was the hardest thing I ever did. My brain said it wasn't right, but, my personage was so encased in the religion, I had a really hard time...took over 5 years before I could admit that I was an Atheist.

I think jokes are good. I have also been a Christian and jokes about my faith would make me angry, but they made me angry because they hit so close to home. It shows a degree of confidence to be able to laugh at yourself - the fact that religions *universally* cannot do this I think is telling.

Your point about kindness and tolerance I will agree with, but it's a quid quo pro. We are people too, we have the right to assert ourselves. Sometimes kindness and tolerance are appropriate, and probably the majority of times, but there should definitely be a fist inside the velvet glove, in my opinion.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
25-11-2014, 03:01 PM
(25-11-2014 01:47 PM)justauntb Wrote:  OK. jokes are jokes, but, they are degrading and rude to religions. We must remember, most of these people have been brainwashed since birth. I feel very sorry for them, as I was a Christian for over 60 years (now 74) and that was the hardest thing I ever did. My brain said it wasn't right, but, my personage was so encased in the religion, I had a really hard time...took over 5 years before I could admit that I was an Atheist.

I understand your point, but I think it depends on the context. I don't think they are doing any harm here and may actually be helping some people.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
26-11-2014, 12:26 AM
I thought this was a picture thread.

[Image: IMG_173390533209865_zpstkowlxmj.jpeg]
[+] 12 users Like pablo's post
26-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Wow! It's an accounting joke AND religious joke all in one!

You don't see that very often. Smile

[Image: tally-ban.jpg?w=600]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 10 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
26-11-2014, 04:41 AM
(25-11-2014 01:47 PM)justauntb Wrote:  ...

Yabut... where's the fun in that?

Ohmy