Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
06-01-2015, 05:04 PM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
[Image: religion-catholic-catholics-dieter-diets...95_low.jpg]

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Impulse's post
07-01-2015, 06:35 AM
[Image: IMG_30213446640369_zpsyyrijvae.jpeg]
[+] 7 users Like pablo's post
07-01-2015, 07:02 AM
(06-01-2015 05:04 PM)Impulse Wrote:  [Image: religion-catholic-catholics-dieter-diets...95_low.jpg]

If they're a true Catholic, they count it as meat. Only cafeteria Catholics and those dirty Protestants count it as starch. Transubstantiation, bitches!

In all seriousness, I wonder how the devout reconcile this with stuff like microscopes. Is putting a wafer that has been blessed under a microscope a sin because you're "testing God"?
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
07-01-2015, 07:09 AM
(07-01-2015 07:02 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Is putting a wafer that has been blessed under a microscope a sin because you're "testing God"?

... And when the test comes back negative... ? Izzit because God's above petty things like tests? The instrument's faulty? So many questions. Anyway, anyone with half a brain can see that the wafer doesn't change into meat, therefore it's meatiness must be spiritual meat or some other such nonsense. So no, it can't be a sin, surely, 'cos a microscope is not an appropriate instrument for observing spiritual things. The only true thing which can test the spiritual is the human heart Lecture_preist or God, 'cos God can see the sin in a human heart whereas a human heart trying to see shit that ain't there may be blinded by sin Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-01-2015, 07:14 AM
(07-01-2015 07:02 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 05:04 PM)Impulse Wrote:  [Image: religion-catholic-catholics-dieter-diets...95_low.jpg]

If they're a true Catholic, they count it as meat. Only cafeteria Catholics and those dirty Protestants count it as starch. Transubstantiation, bitches!

In all seriousness, I wonder how the devout reconcile this with stuff like microscopes. Is putting a wafer that has been blessed under a microscope a sin because you're "testing God"?

Because THIS is God!

[Image: sanguinic_1384096089_apg_Pillsbury_Dough...810_mn.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
07-01-2015, 07:14 AM
(07-01-2015 07:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  Anyway, anyone with half a brain can see that the wafer doesn't change into meat, therefore it's meatiness must be spiritual meat or some other such nonsense.

That sounds like the kinda bullshit a Lutheran would say. As someone who was forced to read Luther's Small Catechism, I know this.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
07-01-2015, 07:45 AM
(07-01-2015 07:02 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

"The signs of bread and wine become, in a way surpassing understanding, the Body and Blood of Christ."

Oh...I see. It's the old "this makes a lot more sense if you don't think about it" argument. Consider

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
07-01-2015, 07:55 AM
(07-01-2015 07:45 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  "The signs of bread and wine become, in a way surpassing understanding, the Body and Blood of Christ."

Oh...I see. It's the old "this makes a lot more sense if you don't think about it" argument. Consider

Yes. The whole "surpasses understanding"/"mysterious ways" thing is the number one feel-good platitude of Christianity.
07-01-2015, 07:58 AM
I think we're missing the point of the pic. The sacrament was freely given, therefore the calories are free.

Cannibalism never tasted so thin.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
07-01-2015, 12:46 PM
(07-01-2015 07:58 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I think we're missing the point of the pic. The sacrament was freely given, therefore the calories are free.

Cannibalism never tasted so thin.

Also, vampirism never got you so drunk.

Hmmm, I think the Catholic church could benefit from some new marketing.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post