Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
26-01-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(26-01-2016 09:22 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 09:17 AM)jennybee Wrote:  These hell houses are a disgusting practice and abuse of children.

...we did "Judgement House." I was one of the main characters and you got to follow the story of two friends throughout various scenes (I was a Christian girl who went to a high school party with alcohol, got into the car with my non-Christian drunk friend, and we both died in a car accident). The targeted audience was teens and it was strongly suggested children not attend due to the graphic nature of it, and it was nowhere near what was in the video posted here.

Your guide took you to the party scene, the wreck scene (outside - with police cars, fire trucks, ambulances, and two wrecked cars with blood on the broken windshields) with body bags being taken away with our parents freaking out and crying, the Judgement where my name is found in the Lamb's Book of Life and my friend's isn't and he gets dragged away, hell, heaven, and then discussion time with the tour guide where you're led through the salvation prayer.

Hell: Our church took you into the old sanctuary which had been draped with black tarp so it was pitch black when the guide turned off the flashlight, the heat was turned up (you went through the balcony - heat rises, as well as down below was the "pit"), and down below there were youth members screaming. People with heart problems were urged to sit that scene out.

Heaven: It was decorated in all white with Greek columns, had youth members dressed like angels, and then white Jesus with his long hair and beard. It was refreshingly cool after the hell scene. My character ran in and knelt at his feet. Then Jesus went up to every individual in the group and told them he loved them. All while emotional music was playing in the background - "Shout to the Lord."

That's really messed up. This kind of thing is most definitely not a part of my own culture, and I didn't know stuff like this was happening within the Christian world. -I mean, I knew about their Christmas plays, and I knew that they demonize non-Christians, but this is on a new level of wrong.

We do make children's shows. I think I'll look a few up and see what they're like to compare them with what the Christians are producing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
26-01-2016, 09:39 AM
(26-01-2016 09:28 AM)izel Wrote:  Praise the lord... AMEN...

[Image: adOMloW.jpg]

Can I get an AMEN for this man who suffered sever chemical burns?

[Image: 2a054e24b57797b14794e437c7b74041.jpg]

Also this man, who was forced to consume dangerous, experimental cosmetic products:

[Image: dcsh8cly4.png]

God will heal you! Oh shit, I almost forgot to say "amen", or the spell won't work! AMEN!
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
26-01-2016, 09:40 AM
(25-01-2016 09:17 AM)jennybee Wrote:  These hell houses are a disgusting practice and abuse of children.

...we did "Judgement House." I was one of the main characters and you got to follow the story of two friends throughout various scenes (I was a Christian girl who went to a high school party with alcohol, got into the car with my non-Christian drunk friend, and we both died in a car accident). The targeted audience was teens and it was strongly suggested children not attend due to the graphic nature of it, and it was nowhere near what was in the video posted here.

Your guide took you to the party scene, the wreck scene (outside - with police cars, fire trucks, ambulances, and two wrecked cars with blood on the broken windshields) with body bags being taken away with our parents freaking out and crying, the Judgement where my name is found in the Lamb's Book of Life and my friend's isn't and he gets dragged away, hell, heaven, and then discussion time with the tour guide where you're led through the salvation prayer.

Hell: Our church took you into the old sanctuary which had been draped with black tarp so it was pitch black when the guide turned off the flashlight, the heat was turned up (you went through the balcony - heat rises, as well as down below was the "pit"), and down below there were youth members screaming. People with heart problems were urged to sit that scene out.

Heaven: It was decorated in all white with Greek columns, had youth members dressed like angels, and then white Jesus with his long hair and beard. It was refreshingly cool after the hell scene. My character ran in and knelt at his feet. Then Jesus went up to every individual in the group and told them he loved them. All while emotional music was playing in the background - "Shout to the Lord."

FacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

I would be so tempted to punk that. Yes

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
27-01-2016, 06:17 AM
[img][Image: Bloom%20County_zpsb3saqe0g.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
27-01-2016, 08:35 AM

That is sick. Wow.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
27-01-2016, 01:20 PM
(25-01-2016 12:43 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 12:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not Einstein - Mark Twain. He wrote The Mysterious Stranger.

Yes, Chas, Twain and one of my favorite stories. It confirmed my ideas that if there were gods they do not deserve worshiping. I would really really recommend reading this. It's obvious the religious people who did the animation didn't get the story. Clueless.

The thing some/most people don't get when reading/learning this story is the mysterious stranger is as much god as he is satan. That was the point Twain was making.

I fell in love with the works of Twain because of this story.

If you haven't yet, check out Letters from the Earth. Twain raises sarcasm to an art form.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
27-01-2016, 01:41 PM
(27-01-2016 01:20 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 12:43 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yes, Chas, Twain and one of my favorite stories. It confirmed my ideas that if there were gods they do not deserve worshiping. I would really really recommend reading this. It's obvious the religious people who did the animation didn't get the story. Clueless.

The thing some/most people don't get when reading/learning this story is the mysterious stranger is as much god as he is satan. That was the point Twain was making.

I fell in love with the works of Twain because of this story.

If you haven't yet, check out Letters from the Earth. Twain raises sarcasm to an art form.

Thanks, I will. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
27-01-2016, 01:49 PM
(27-01-2016 06:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  [img][Image: Bloom%20County_zpsb3saqe0g.jpg][/img]

It's funny, so long as you ignore how hard he's butchering the analogy to make the joke.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
28-01-2016, 05:24 PM
[Image: tumblr_l7k5u4PAu31qcbwiso1_500.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
28-01-2016, 05:59 PM
[Image: god-jesus-toy-robot.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 5 users Like Old Man Marsh's post