Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
03-05-2016, 06:00 AM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
Funny thing how protective xtians tend to be of their pictures and statues --- in spite of the biblical prohibition of such things....

Leviticus 26:1
Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

Just more cherry picking I guess...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2016, 06:04 AM
(03-05-2016 06:00 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Funny thing how protective xtians tend to be of their pictures and statues --- in spite of the biblical prohibition of such things....

Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

Most have no idea that is in there. To be an atheist is usually to know more about the bible than believers. Not in all cases, but true enough.
03-05-2016, 09:22 AM
(03-05-2016 06:00 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Funny thing how protective xtians tend to be of their pictures and statues --- in spite of the biblical prohibition of such things....

I hear that about the cherrypicking.
I shit you not, I have had conversations that went like this:

Me- So you eat shrimp even though the bible says it is forbidden?
Christian- Well Jesus changed all of that.
Me- When did he change it?
Christian- The part where he says that he has come to fulfill the law.
Me- You mean the part where he says that he has not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it?
Christian- Yes, that passage.
Me- OK, so how do you get from "heaven and Earth shall come to pass before the slightest letter of the law will become invalid" to it now being OK to get tattoos and eat shrimp?
Christian- Well see there are 3 types of laws in the OT and Jesus changed the non-ceremonial ones but not the moral ones.
Me- So how does, "heaven and Earth shall come to pass before the slightest letter of the law will become invalid" really mean what you just said? And bear in mind that the part about the gays and tattoos are in the same chapter of Leviticus.
Christian- Well in the context of the time it meant that.
Me- That makes no sense. Especially since Matthew 23 has Jesus telling his followers to do what the pharisees say. The pharisees will tell them what to do based on Mosaic law which forbids lobster and queers.
Christian- If you only knew the love of Jeebus you's see it.
Me- FFS Facepalm

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 9 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
03-05-2016, 10:10 AM
(03-05-2016 09:22 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  *snip*

I'll admit to being guilty of cherrypicking, so to speak, but you've all roused a memory of Grad School. We had a door to door Baptist minister that kept showing up at my apartment complex while I was studying for my Qualifiers that I had to pass before I could do a dissertation...horrible tests. You had to cite from memory, make a cogent argument in response to the question, etc. It was divided into Policy, Methods, and Theory and you had Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; one morning and one afternoon question, 3 hours to do it each. I wrote around 100 pages... *shudder* Anyhow, the point is, I studied all through summer and this guy kept interrupting me.

Finally one day, we settled in at the doorway for a chat, which to paraphrase memory ended like this:
Me: Yes yes, you're talking about the Roman Road.
Baptist Minister: Yes! Now if-
Me: Already been down the Roman Road reverend, Paul set it up pretty darn clearly.
Baptist Minister: But yer Catholic.
Me: Used to be a Baptist. By the way, can you answer a question for me, based on the Roman Road and all that Paul wrote?
Baptist Minister: Sure!! (Guy looked like he sensed blood in the water lol.)
Me: If we're once saved always saved as you would imply via your usage of the Roman Road passage, as it's colloquially known from Romans, then why do you ignore when the Apostle Paul said in Philippians 2:12 to continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling? Why is Paul's advice seemingly in contradiction to the message you preach from his other advice?

He suddenly had to be elsewhere. He never showed up again at my door.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
03-05-2016, 10:13 AM

Well really catholics got rid of that so plenty people don't even get that aspect.

It's some modern leway since the church knew that limited their ability to sway and convert people of any limited or different language understanding.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-05-2016, 11:00 AM
(03-05-2016 10:10 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 09:22 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  *snip*

I'll admit to being guilty of cherrypicking, so to speak, but you've all roused a memory of Grad School. We had a door to door Baptist minister that kept showing up at my apartment complex while I was studying for my Qualifiers that I had to pass before I could do a dissertation...horrible tests. You had to cite from memory, make a cogent argument in response to the question, etc. It was divided into Policy, Methods, and Theory and you had Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; one morning and one afternoon question, 3 hours to do it each. I wrote around 100 pages... *shudder* Anyhow, the point is, I studied all through summer and this guy kept interrupting me.

Finally one day, we settled in at the doorway for a chat, which to paraphrase memory ended like this:
Me: Yes yes, you're talking about the Roman Road.
Baptist Minister: Yes! Now if-
Me: Already been down the Roman Road reverend, Paul set it up pretty darn clearly.
Baptist Minister: But yer Catholic.
Me: Used to be a Baptist. By the way, can you answer a question for me, based on the Roman Road and all that Paul wrote?
Baptist Minister: Sure!! (Guy looked like he sensed blood in the water lol.)
Me: If we're once saved always saved as you would imply via your usage of the Roman Road passage, as it's colloquially known from Romans, then why do you ignore when the Apostle Paul said in Philippians 2:12 to continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling? Why is Paul's advice seemingly in contradiction to the message you preach from his other advice?

He suddenly had to be elsewhere. He never showed up again at my door.

Could it be that the obvious names of the chapters are either specific people or locations? Like for instance, you are a high official in the church and went to a certain area you would only read from that section. I mean, the whole Christmas thing was stolen (Christmas trees). As I recall, some of those traditions were co-opted in order to win those people over. If you went to a specific location and read from the wrong parts or followed the wrong rules or traditions, you might lose people or even be killed. I think this is why the bible doesn't make sense when you read it from beginning to end. The contradictory parts are made up for the specific audience it was meant for. Remember that most people could not read, so they had to believe whomever was reading to them.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
03-05-2016, 11:12 AM
(02-05-2016 08:34 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  [Image: yqVCExG.png]

That reminds of a caller to the Atheist Experience who argued that Jesus never existed because none of his work survived. The Son of God should have been the best carpenter ever, but we don't even have a coffee table to show for it. Laugh out load

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
03-05-2016, 11:20 AM
(03-05-2016 05:43 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 08:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So wrong...but still funny.

I don't see it as wrong. After all, the whole story is made up.

Coke products...blasphemy in my house. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-05-2016, 12:25 PM
(03-05-2016 11:12 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 08:34 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  [Image: yqVCExG.png]

That reminds of a caller to the Atheist Experience who argued that Jesus never existed because none of his work survived. The Son of God should have been the best carpenter ever, but we don't even have a coffee table to show for it. Laugh out load

Yabut according to that documentary snuff film by Mel Gibson, Jesus invented the dinner table. Too bad he didn't invent the printing press so that we could a) have proof of his actual existence, and b) have a record of what he said because he could have printed some fucking books that didn't require a bunch of men to vote on.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
03-05-2016, 01:14 PM
[Image: devil.jpg]

- Paul Dirac
[+] 7 users Like The Organic Chemist's post