Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
20-05-2016, 07:22 PM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(20-05-2016 10:27 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 03:20 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Praise Feces Jebus!

INFIDEL!!!!! You can clearly see that this is the shark god of the deep colon. Praise be.

Funny you should say that. When it posted on my FB feed I commented that it looked more like a shark in the Gulf of Mexico. Laugh out load

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
20-05-2016, 09:23 PM
(20-05-2016 07:13 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  [Image: f69d27bd9338af821622ca670b83d64a.jpg]

Every time I see Mace Windu, I am reminded of the most epic miscasting in film history. Now, I has a sad.

[Image: i-have-a-sad-2.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
20-05-2016, 09:35 PM
(20-05-2016 09:23 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 07:13 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  [Image: f69d27bd9338af821622ca670b83d64a.jpg]

Every time I see Mace Windu, I am reminded of the most epic miscasting in film history. Now, I has a sad.

Are you saying they nailed Anikin? Gasp

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
20-05-2016, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2016 09:58 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(20-05-2016 09:35 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 09:23 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Every time I see Mace Windu, I am reminded of the most epic miscasting in film history. Now, I has a sad.

Are you saying they nailed Anikin? Gasp

No, but nobody has a near culturally universal point of reference for him like they did for Samuel L. Jackson. He's a bad motherfucker, and is always at his best when he's exuberant.

[Image: tumblr_m4i1zp0Xd51r9eoylo3_250.gif]

Mace Windu is a walking ambien given human form.

The problem with Anikin isn't the actor, it's the shit script. Look at everyone, the cast is filled with great actors, and they're all turned to shit in those movies. Liam Neeson is a wandering drunk, Ewan McGregor is both petulant child and aloof cowboy. Natalie Portman won a fucking Oscar, and even she is near unwatchable in those movies.

About the only thing I like, conceptually, about the prequels is how they are a massive middle finger (intentional or otherwise) to destined hero narratives. The Jedi and their stupid fucking prophecy, their destined hero turning on them and instead being the tool of their destruction. That's kinda enjoyable, in a perverse sort of way.

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-05-2016, 12:15 AM
Quote:He's a bad motherfucker, and is always at his best when he's exuberant.

Not sure if serious or just trying to bait me... Dodgy

Though totally agree with everything you said. The movies were awful but the concepts were fantastic. It's such a shame they fucked up the great overarching story with shitty a script.

I hope they remake 1/2/3 after this trilogy and do it properly.

[Image: oscar.png]
21-05-2016, 01:03 AM
(21-05-2016 12:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:He's a bad motherfucker, and is always at his best when he's exuberant.

Not sure if serious or just trying to bait me... Dodgy

Though totally agree with everything you said. The movies were awful but the concepts were fantastic. It's such a shame they fucked up the great overarching story with shitty a script.

I hope they remake 1/2/3 after this trilogy and do it properly.

I'm serious. If you wanted a calm, collected, and sage Jedi; you don't cast the dude from Snakes on a Plane and Pulp Fiction. You cast Morgan Freeman. The reason you cast Sam Jackson for an entirely off type role is because you want his marketability. Lucas was nothing if not a great marketer.

21-05-2016, 07:03 AM
(20-05-2016 09:55 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 09:35 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Are you saying they nailed Anikin? Gasp

No, but nobody has a near culturally universal point of reference for him like they did for Samuel L. Jackson. He's a bad motherfucker, and is always at his best when he's exuberant.

[Image: tumblr_m4i1zp0Xd51r9eoylo3_250.gif]

Mace Windu is a walking ambien given human form.

The problem with Anikin isn't the actor, it's the shit script. Look at everyone, the cast is filled with great actors, and they're all turned to shit in those movies. Liam Neeson is a wandering drunk, Ewan McGregor is both petulant child and aloof cowboy. Natalie Portman won a fucking Oscar, and even she is near unwatchable in those movies.

About the only thing I like, conceptually, about the prequels is how they are a massive middle finger (intentional or otherwise) to destined hero narratives. The Jedi and their stupid fucking prophecy, their destined hero turning on them and instead being the tool of their destruction. That's kinda enjoyable, in a perverse sort of way.

Well said. I agree the script was 90% of the problem. Fucking midichlorians.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
21-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Literally just saw this on the front page of imgur. So so fitting.
But also, holy shit is this true?

[Image: zgV65Qs.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
21-05-2016, 07:40 AM
(21-05-2016 07:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Literally just saw this on the front page of imgur. So so fitting.

Gasp

Then that means that Samuel.... noooo!!!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
21-05-2016, 08:01 AM
(21-05-2016 07:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Literally just saw this on the front page of imgur. So so fitting.

I highly doubt that, as he died in 96' and the movie released in 99'.

Also, it looks like Jackson was the one who approached Lucasfilm with interest in the project. Too bad Windu was such a fucking bore.