Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
21-05-2016, 09:37 AM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(21-05-2016 08:01 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 07:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Literally just saw this on the front page of imgur. So so fitting.
But also, holy shit is this true?

[Image: zgV65Qs.jpg]

I highly doubt that, as he died in 96' and the movie released in 99'.

Also, it looks like Jackson was the one who approached Lucasfilm with interest in the project. Too bad Windu was such a fucking bore.

Well somebody did it justice almost ten years ago:

SHUT THE FUCK UP, Young Skywalker.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like ELK12695's post
21-05-2016, 11:52 AM
[Image: RsKutGf.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like pablo's post
21-05-2016, 05:46 PM
[Image: Screenshot_2016-05-21-19-43-03_zpsvizy8j...p;fit=clip]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
21-05-2016, 06:29 PM
(21-05-2016 08:01 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 07:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Literally just saw this on the front page of imgur. So so fitting.

I highly doubt that, as he died in 96' and the movie released in 99'.

Also, it looks like Jackson was the one who approached Lucasfilm with interest in the project. Too bad Windu was such a fucking bore.

Did a bit of googling.
Turns out he auditioned and read for Lucas for the part.

Filming started in 97. Script writing and character casting would have happen long before that.
22-05-2016, 12:41 AM

Now we know the truth behind his death.
22-05-2016, 06:38 AM
Quote:their destined hero turning on them and instead being the tool of their destruction. That's kinda enjoyable, in a perverse sort of way.

He was supposed to bring balance to the force and that's what he did. Surviving Jedi: 2 Sith: 2.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
22-05-2016, 08:04 AM
(22-05-2016 06:38 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  
Quote:their destined hero turning on them and instead being the tool of their destruction. That's kinda enjoyable, in a perverse sort of way.

He was supposed to bring balance to the force and that's what he did. Surviving Jedi: 2 Sith: 2.

And the Jedi were too fucking stupid to see it coming. I was rooting for Palpatine at the end of Episode III, much in the same way I root for Jason whenever he's surrounded by stupid horny teenagers.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-05-2016, 08:56 AM
(22-05-2016 08:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 06:38 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  He was supposed to bring balance to the force and that's what he did. Surviving Jedi: 2 Sith: 2.

And the Jedi were too fucking stupid to see it coming. I was rooting for Palpatine at the end of Episode III, much in the same way I root for Jason whenever he's surrounded by stupid horny teenagers.

IKR? Palpatine was almost like the antichrist in the Left Behind stories. The villian wants to feed the hungry and have peace. This is supposed to be the bad guy.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
22-05-2016, 09:30 AM
(21-05-2016 05:46 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot_2016-05-21-19-43-03_zpsvizy8j...p;fit=clip]

A Twofer.

Bob is both a fruitcake and a racist. Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-05-2016, 10:33 AM
(22-05-2016 08:56 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 08:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  And the Jedi were too fucking stupid to see it coming. I was rooting for Palpatine at the end of Episode III, much in the same way I root for Jason whenever he's surrounded by stupid horny teenagers.

IKR? Palpatine was almost like the antichrist in the Left Behind stories. The villian wants to feed the hungry and have peace. This is supposed to be the bad guy.

Yep. The most progressive dude in the room, was the bad guy. Facepalm

Also, the God Awful Movies podcast episodes on that series are fucking hilarious.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post