Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
24-06-2016, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2016 11:07 PM by Shai Hulud.)
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(24-06-2016 09:16 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Not all posts here have to have images, within reason. I consider it far more important to address where a person is on the road to reason. Believe me when I say to you that I had incredible difficulty and internal turmoil when I addressed my lack of belief. I didn't believe for years before I could admit it, even to myself. I felt dirty and bad for not believing, when I finally acknowledged it to myself. At least two of my three sons are atheists. But still, 10 years after the realization, I haven't told my wife. It is really tough listening to a True Believer say the things they say, when I have NO belief in it. Please consider how much guilt that religion has laid on you, that you feel compelled to post a picture, just to conform, in an atheist forum.
It's also probably also a guilt thing related to the other board I'm most active on, which is a science fiction place, has an actual rule where you have to post an image with each post or face a ban. Or maybe not even guilt in that way, as much as habit. And to a small extent, I can relate, even having doubts about certain parts makes me feel dirty and wrong. And I'm sorry for the turmoil you went through and that you still can't tell your wife; can't imagine how hard that must really be to be unable to tell the person who (I presume) is closest to you. Sad

(24-06-2016 10:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I too was raised RCC. I was NEVER given the following list of dogmas, I understand why now as an adult, there are some truly batshit things here.

http://www.theworkofgod.org/dogmas.htm

[Image: e74eb5b598dea6980eb6c5e124a67dc9.jpg]

Limbo

Actually in RCIA we went over all those dogmas, just not to the 50 bulleted points breakdown that that site does.

(24-06-2016 10:36 PM)Captain Congo Wrote:  Not sure if this has been shared yet

See, if I heard God say those words, I would seriously doubt. Because Osteen, really? You know, I wasn't going to include a pic, but Joel cries out for mockery...

[Image: Lzs2aQp.png]

[Image: OPGZsaR.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
25-06-2016, 05:38 AM
(24-06-2016 06:35 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 01:10 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  [Image: pojALQI.jpg]

He already busted out his trump card (making us all speak different languages) 5,000 years ago. We've learned to cope with it, since then, so he's kind of screwed. Really, I think we all knew this was coming that first time we beat him with iron chariots. I think humanity is finally realizing we don't really need a god that can be run over by a one horsepower vehicle. Most people mow their lawns with heavier duty shit than that.

Really? There is such a thing as a lawn mower with less than 1 horsepower? I don't know, something about this doesn't make any sense Consider.
Find all posts by this user
25-06-2016, 06:08 AM

Joel Osteen lives in Africa?

Consider

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
25-06-2016, 07:25 AM
This makes about as much sense as "God wants friends who aren't robots, and he wants to know who really loves him without using his ability to see the future or read minds".

[Image: 1466783563-20160624.png]
[+] 7 users Like RobbyPants's post
25-06-2016, 09:13 AM
(24-06-2016 10:47 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Actually in RCIA we went over all those dogmas, just not to the 50 bulleted points breakdown that that site does.

I count 252!

[Image: knLIMBO_narrowweb__300x3040.jpg]

[Image: NoMoreLimbo.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-06-2016, 10:30 AM
[Image: ggXlTYL.jpg]

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 7 users Like unsapien's post
25-06-2016, 10:37 AM
[Image: 1466802175445.png]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 8 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
25-06-2016, 10:52 AM
(25-06-2016 06:08 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

Joel Osteen lives in Africa?

Consider
Yes, somewhere in Madagascar. I hear he's really pissing off his neighbors, lol
25-06-2016, 06:52 PM
Actual campaign advert for Australian political party in the lead up to next week's election:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 12 users Like Hafnof's post
25-06-2016, 07:17 PM
(25-06-2016 06:52 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  Actual campaign advert for Australian political party in the lead up to next week's election:

That was so awesome.