Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
25-06-2016, 09:37 PM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(25-06-2016 10:30 AM)unsapien Wrote:  [Image: ggXlTYL.jpg]

The cringe at the thought that people would genuinely ask this question.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
26-06-2016, 02:14 PM
[Image: oL0OGsR.jpg]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 13 users Like Shai Hulud's post
26-06-2016, 02:54 PM
(26-06-2016 02:14 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  [Image: oL0OGsR.jpg]

THIS is why I think a history of religions course should be taught in high school.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
26-06-2016, 03:05 PM
(26-06-2016 02:54 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  

THIS is why I think a history of religions course should be taught in high school.

The Protestant Reformation and the splintering into tons of groups from it (and earlier schisms) were part of one of my high school history classes. No sides taken, just, "Hey this happened."

26-06-2016, 03:05 PM
(26-06-2016 02:54 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  

I once had the "pleasure" of arguing with a Southern Baptist woman from Alabama - -who INSISTED that "The Baptist Church PRE-dates Jesus --- Haven't you ever heard of "John the Baptist"? " -----

sad part -- she was fucking serious....

I think she was the same one who said "If the Bible was good enough for Jesus - it's good enough for me".....

[/nuclearfacepalm]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
26-06-2016, 03:30 PM
(26-06-2016 03:05 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 02:54 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  THIS is why I think a history of religions course should be taught in high school.

The Protestant Reformation and the splintering into tons of groups from it (and earlier schisms) were part of one of my high school history classes. No sides taken, just, "Hey this happened."

Me too. But that just reinforces the false idea that the chruch was united until that point when in reality, it was splintered from the getgo.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
26-06-2016, 03:59 PM
OnlineBiker wins, back in the day, I only heard the "Trail of Blood" stuff about the Catholic Church persecuting the True Christians ™ until Luther saved the world's souls.
(26-06-2016 03:30 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 03:05 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  The Protestant Reformation and the splintering into tons of groups from it (and earlier schisms) were part of one of my high school history classes. No sides taken, just, "Hey this happened."

Me too. But that just reinforces the false idea that the chruch was united until that point when in reality, it was splintered from the getgo.
Personally, didn't get the fractured in the beginning stuff until college level history class with a staunchly anti-Catholic professor who was dying of cancer.

27-06-2016, 07:34 AM

Q can tell us which one of those sects are the True Christians. I mean, what's the point of schisms if you can't have some passive aggressive judgment and appeasement of cognitive dissonance?
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
27-06-2016, 11:24 AM
(25-06-2016 06:52 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  Actual campaign advert for Australian political party in the lead up to next week's election:

That was hysterical.
27-06-2016, 09:27 PM
(23-06-2016 01:10 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 07:43 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I call bullshit on this cartoon. The bible clearly says that there was only ONE window on the ark. Aim for accuracy guys.

Surely the artist was just feeling sympathy for Mr. and Mrs. Rex. Maybe if they accepted Raptor Jesus went extinct for their sins, they'd not have been struck down and missed the Ark. (Sorry Lord.)

Speaking of Raptor Jesus....

[Image: Raptorjesuswithcross.jpg]

- Paul Dirac