Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
27-06-2016, 10:05 PM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(25-06-2016 06:52 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  Actual campaign advert for Australian political party in the lead up to next week's election:

I’d vote for this guy.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2016, 12:08 PM
[Image: R9LrSUs.jpg]
[+] 13 users Like pablo's post
28-06-2016, 12:41 PM
(28-06-2016 12:08 PM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: R9LrSUs.jpg]

That's WBC. Even I wouldn't call them "Christians".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2016, 01:06 PM
I'd argue they're the only authentic Christians left in this country. Just because it makes them assholes doesn't mean they're not real Christians. They're just following the Biblical passages to their logical conclusion... except they're restrained by secular law from doing what they really want to do, in following it (unlike in Muslim countries, where one is still free to kill atheists and homosexuals), so they're reduced to carrying signs and annoying people.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 10 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-06-2016, 09:32 PM
[Image: obHPvR6.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
28-06-2016, 10:03 PM
(28-06-2016 01:06 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'd argue they're the only authentic Christians left in this country. Just because it makes them assholes doesn't mean they're not real Christians. They're just following the Biblical passages to their logical conclusion... except they're restrained by secular law from doing what they really want to do, in following it (unlike in Muslim countries, where one is still free to kill atheists and homosexuals), so they're reduced to carrying signs and annoying people.

^^^^^ This ^^^^

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
28-06-2016, 10:08 PM
(28-06-2016 01:06 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'd argue they're the only authentic Christians left in this country. Just because it makes them assholes doesn't mean they're not real Christians. They're just following the Biblical passages to their logical conclusion... except they're restrained by secular law from doing what they really want to do, in following it (unlike in Muslim countries, where one is still free to kill atheists and homosexuals), so they're reduced to carrying signs and annoying people.

Observing them and reading the bible passages in question should cure anyone.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
28-06-2016, 10:09 PM
(28-06-2016 10:08 PM)skyking Wrote:  

Observing them and reading the bible passages in question should cure anyone.

This would entail christians actually reading the bible.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
28-06-2016, 10:10 PM
(28-06-2016 10:08 PM)skyking Wrote:  Observing them and reading the bible passages in question should cure anyone.

Anyone who truly reads the bible cannot be a Christian, unless the individual's cognitive dissonance is beyond the charts.
28-06-2016, 10:39 PM
(28-06-2016 12:41 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 12:08 PM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: R9LrSUs.jpg]

That's WBC. Even I wouldn't call them "Christians".

Except, they are Christians.

[Image: oscar.png]