Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
01-07-2016, 08:23 AM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
[Image: 49P99dD.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like pablo's post
01-07-2016, 09:10 AM
(01-07-2016 08:23 AM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: 49P99dD.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
01-07-2016, 09:26 AM
(01-07-2016 08:23 AM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: 49P99dD.jpg]

I am so stealin' that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
01-07-2016, 09:48 AM
(26-06-2016 03:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 02:54 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  THIS is why I think a history of religions course should be taught in high school.

I once had the "pleasure" of arguing with a Southern Baptist woman from Alabama - -who INSISTED that "The Baptist Church PRE-dates Jesus --- Haven't you ever heard of "John the Baptist"? " -----

sad part -- she was fucking serious....

I think she was the same one who said "If the Bible was good enough for Jesus - it's good enough for me".....

[/nuclearfacepalm]

I met a group in Arkansas who spoke with thee and thou and ye etc, and said if that was good enuff for Jesus it is good enuff for them!

and....

Have you ever looked up the Rosicrucians? They say that their church descended from The Widow's son who built the Temple for Solomon. Which they then trace down thru the Knights Templar and into the present day.
01-07-2016, 09:50 AM
(25-06-2016 05:38 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 06:35 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  He already busted out his trump card (making us all speak different languages) 5,000 years ago. We've learned to cope with it, since then, so he's kind of screwed. Really, I think we all knew this was coming that first time we beat him with iron chariots. I think humanity is finally realizing we don't really need a god that can be run over by a one horsepower vehicle. Most people mow their lawns with heavier duty shit than that.

Really? There is such a thing as a lawn mower with less than 1 horsepower? I don't know, something about this doesn't make any sense Consider.

Ultra light aircraft can have motors smaller than one horse power.
01-07-2016, 10:33 AM
(01-07-2016 09:50 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 05:38 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Really? There is such a thing as a lawn mower with less than 1 horsepower? I don't know, something about this doesn't make any sense Consider.

Ultra light aircraft can have motors smaller than one horse power.

radio controlled aircraft - but not piloted aircraft......

1 hp would be pretty seriously underpowered...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-07-2016, 12:08 PM
Though if you do a push mower it would be.

[Image: fkkpjCM.jpg]

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 6 users Like Shai Hulud's post
01-07-2016, 12:23 PM
(01-07-2016 12:08 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Though if you do a push mower it would be.

...or a "natural" lawnmower, like a goat or some sheep. Then you would have some number of "sheep power". I assume they're less powerful than horses.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
01-07-2016, 01:06 PM
(01-07-2016 12:23 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 12:08 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Though if you do a push mower it would be.

...or a "natural" lawnmower, like a goat or some sheep. Then you would have some number of "sheep power". I assume they're less powerful than horses.

Big Grin
IIRC, a horsepower was the amount of power needed to raise a particular weight to a particular height in a particular amount of time. Turned out they calculated it wrong and it's about .66% of a real horse's power.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
01-07-2016, 01:40 PM
(01-07-2016 01:06 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 12:23 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  ...or a "natural" lawnmower, like a goat or some sheep. Then you would have some number of "sheep power". I assume they're less powerful than horses.

Big Grin
IIRC, a horsepower was the amount of power needed to raise a particular weight to a particular height in a particular amount of time. Turned out they calculated it wrong and it's about .66% of a real horse's power.

James Watt used a horse of his day, which was punier than those of today.