Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
01-07-2016, 01:41 PM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(01-07-2016 01:06 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 12:23 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  ...or a "natural" lawnmower, like a goat or some sheep. Then you would have some number of "sheep power". I assume they're less powerful than horses.

Big Grin
IIRC, a horsepower was the amount of power needed to raise a particular weight to a particular height in a particular amount of time. Turned out they calculated it wrong and it's about .66% of a real horse's power.

Assuming you mean 66% and not .66%, that would mean that 2 horses have about 3 horse power. Neat trick.
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
01-07-2016, 02:52 PM
(01-07-2016 01:41 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 01:06 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  IIRC, a horsepower was the amount of power needed to raise a particular weight to a particular height in a particular amount of time. Turned out they calculated it wrong and it's about .66% of a real horse's power.

Assuming you mean 66% and not .66%, that would mean that 2 horses have about 3 horse power. Neat trick.
Thumbsup

1+1=3? Consider

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
01-07-2016, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2016 06:48 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
Then there's this guy....

http://youtu.be/g-csQDJI72I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post
01-07-2016, 06:00 PM
(01-07-2016 01:40 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 01:06 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  IIRC, a horsepower was the amount of power needed to raise a particular weight to a particular height in a particular amount of time. Turned out they calculated it wrong and it's about .66% of a real horse's power.

James Watt used a horse of his day, which was punier than those of today.
Clydesdales and Percherons weren't that puny back then.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Read up on the history of the horse power here, at your leisure. Just as much hocus-pocus as religion with all the chicanery and deceit. Us physicists use watts for power for a reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower
01-07-2016, 06:11 PM
bwahahaha... I enjoyed this way too much. Big Grin

[Image: irdmqGw.jpg]

I have to say if I did something like this, I would have to put in small print, "...and no amount of carwash will wash the gay away. Your car is gay now." Yes

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 9 users Like Heatheness's post
01-07-2016, 08:28 PM
(01-07-2016 05:52 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  Then there's this guy....

Here you go. You can put the video right in the comment with the TV shaped button at the top. Smile

I think that dude just admitted to a felony on-camera.

Edit to Add: To be fair, this is still a kinder method than that employed for "spreading the word of the Lord" through most of the history of Christianity.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
01-07-2016, 09:22 PM
(01-07-2016 08:28 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 05:52 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  Then there's this guy....

Here you go. You can put the video right in the comment with the TV shaped button at the top. Smile

I think that dude just admitted to a felony on-camera.

Edit to Add: To be fair, this is still a kinder method than that employed for "spreading the word of the Lord" through most of the history of Christianity.

The pinhead ended up claiming/admitting that he made it up. I don't know what the end result was. It was a dick move, either way.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
02-07-2016, 07:59 PM
(01-07-2016 06:08 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Read up on the history of the horse power here, at your leisure. Just as much hocus-pocus as religion with all the chicanery and deceit. Us physicists use watts for power for a reason.

That reason is called the Metric System.Yes

I'm a physicist too. Thumbsup

Sapere aude
02-07-2016, 08:44 PM
(02-07-2016 07:59 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 06:08 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Read up on the history of the horse power here, at your leisure. Just as much hocus-pocus as religion with all the chicanery and deceit. Us physicists use watts for power for a reason.

That reason is called the Metric System.Yes

I'm a physicist too. Thumbsup

Thumbsup back atcha! Cool! I used to work in aerospace, and at one time I spin-balanced spacecraft. When I first started there, I read the procedure paper-work, and it was in Slug-Feet^2. I had some culture shock, but it all worked out. Laugh out load