Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
20-07-2016, 02:40 PM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(20-07-2016 12:12 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 09:36 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  In honor of the continued poor performance of Ark Encounter:
[Image: hjRY6T2.jpg]

Eh. Baraminologists will just say that two animals of kangaroo kind were on the ark, and they hyer-evolved into kangaroos and whatever else bares a close enough resemblance to kangaroos that a baraminologist will intuitively lump it in the same group. Then they all stopped hyer-evolving. That's so much more plausible than what you said.

Which brings up another interesting point about the Ark Encounter, from what I've heard, there are transitional species on the Ark, which negates Ham's normal "Kinds" arguments...

[Image: e2IRDed.jpg]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Shai Hulud's post
20-07-2016, 02:45 PM
(20-07-2016 02:40 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 12:12 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Eh. Baraminologists will just say that two animals of kangaroo kind were on the ark, and they hyer-evolved into kangaroos and whatever else bares a close enough resemblance to kangaroos that a baraminologist will intuitively lump it in the same group. Then they all stopped hyer-evolving. That's so much more plausible than what you said.

Which brings up another interesting point about the Ark Encounter, from what I've heard, there are transitional species on the Ark, which negates Ham's normal "Kinds" arguments...

[Image: e2IRDed.jpg]

That is the least of the Ham model's problems.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
20-07-2016, 06:55 PM
(19-07-2016 10:44 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 10:27 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Nor what it will be if you keep up your consorting with degenerate disbelievers.

Tongue
And degenerate disbelievers who seem to be more moral than many of the degenerate believers I know. Tongue

Esse Quam Videri

I think this is much easier for degerate disbelievers, less baggage.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
21-07-2016, 06:56 AM
(20-07-2016 01:36 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  [Image: KxILzoE.jpg]

Actually, this isn't a contradiction; it plays rather nice into creepy Christian free will apologetics.

God has all the power and he lets Satan run amok here. This is because we need to have the choice to rape and kill people (and the ability to actually act on it) in order for God to know if we really love him, cuz who wants robot friends, amirite? Never mind ignoring mind reading powers to glean this information; it doesn't count unless an actual rape or murder happens, because mysterious ways.

This is why I let my daughters beat the hell out of each other without intervening, because I need to know which of them really love me by watching how they treat each other. Fucking hell, YHWH.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
21-07-2016, 07:43 AM
[Image: god-came-church-sign.jpg]

[+] 7 users Like TheGulegon's post
21-07-2016, 12:01 PM
(21-07-2016 07:43 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  [Image: god-came-church-sign.jpg]

Sounds like God needs to drink more water, if it's all white and powdery.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
21-07-2016, 05:49 PM
[Image: priest-or-pokeball_o_261739.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 5 users Like cactus's post
21-07-2016, 08:19 PM
That's horrifying on many, many levels.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
22-07-2016, 05:39 AM
(21-07-2016 05:49 PM)cactus Wrote:  [Image: priest-or-pokeball_o_261739.jpg]

Maybe it is because my mind spends a lot of time in the gutter. Or maybe it is that I was already too old for pokemon when it hit. I see a priest (adult) getting head from someone a lot smaller. A midget maybe?Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
22-07-2016, 04:48 PM
[Image: 1469006071098.jpeg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 12 users Like Old Man Marsh's post