Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
27-08-2016, 03:16 PM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(27-08-2016 01:07 PM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: PdoaYG6.jpg]

...and the guy who pointed it out was so hated that he had to leave the country in order to avoid being tried for a hate crime.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/man-t...or-builds/

Crazy xtians!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
27-08-2016, 03:26 PM
(27-08-2016 03:16 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

...and the guy who pointed it out was so hated that he had to leave the country in order to avoid being tried for a hate crime.

Crazy xtians!
OK, so it was not just the toilet incident and he may have exceeded his ambitions to prove these things are tricks by attacking something we all know is bunkum but can't often prove that.

He is a native of the country and must know the system, the emotional religious volatility of its people and the inherent risks.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
27-08-2016, 04:27 PM
(27-08-2016 03:16 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

Crazy xtians!

Seems like a solid dude to me. Thumbsup
27-08-2016, 04:58 PM
(27-08-2016 03:26 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 03:16 PM)Fireball Wrote:  ...and the guy who pointed it out was so hated that he had to leave the country in order to avoid being tried for a hate crime.

Crazy xtians!
OK, so it was not just the toilet incident and he may have exceeded his ambitions to prove these things are tricks by attacking something we all know is bunkum but can't often prove that.

He is a native of the country and must know the system, the emotional religious volatility of its people and the inherent risks.

Yes, he is a bit strident in his debunking style. Even so, I think threatening to kill or incarcerate the guy is a little over the top.
27-08-2016, 07:22 PM
(27-08-2016 05:53 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 11:31 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  [Image: eHIVBPW.png]

That could backfire big time

It probably could, you're right. It could be pre-deconversion Dan Barker or Sarah Moorehead and they would talk to anyone about Jesus on the bus.

--
[Image: iT9oDag.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post
28-08-2016, 03:17 AM
(27-08-2016 04:58 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 03:26 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  OK, so it was not just the toilet incident and he may have exceeded his ambitions to prove these things are tricks by attacking something we all know is bunkum but can't often prove that.

Yes, he is a bit strident in his debunking style. Even so, I think threatening to kill or incarcerate the guy is a little over the top.

Kill, yes!

Incarcerate? If he broke a law, no matter how stupid or unjust that law is, he knew the risk existed I am sure. If he chose to challenge it he should accept the consequences or go where he can say his piece.

Even in the UK some smartass lawyer could probably make a "hate speech" case of my typing, "All religious people are deluded idiots" unless I claim that this is my opinion and I am not claiming it as a fact. Or, hopefully, using it as an example, as in this context!

I

28-08-2016, 03:49 AM
(28-08-2016 03:17 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 04:58 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Yes, he is a bit strident in his debunking style. Even so, I think threatening to kill or incarcerate the guy is a little over the top.

Kill, yes!

Incarcerate? If he broke a law, no matter how stupid or unjust that law is, he knew the risk existed I am sure. If he chose to challenge it he should accept the consequences or go where he can say his piece.

Even in the UK some smartass lawyer could probably make a "hate speech" case of my typing, "All religious people are deluded idiots" unless I claim that this is my opinion and I am not claiming it as a fact. Or, hopefully, using it as an example, as in this context!

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."

- Dr. Martin L. King, Jr. Letter from Birmingham Jail

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-08-2016, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2016 01:44 PM by Gloucester.)
(28-08-2016 03:49 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(28-08-2016 03:17 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Kill, yes!

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."

- Dr. Martin L. King, Jr. Letter from Birmingham Jail
Great, but go in with eyes wide open and realising that, short of revolution, even unjust authority has the upper hand.

And, most times, the victorious revolutionaries degrade into the same state of restrictive legislation as the previous regime. Human nature rules, OK?

Had Dr King become president I doubt very much that he could have entirely eradicated injustice or remained in power very long making the effort. One person's just rights can be another's unjust restriction.

That's the way the world is.

PS, is the birkini ban just or unjust? Bit of a dilemma for those atheists who hate religion but defend rights. Would they like their atheist logo t-shirts banned?

Playing devil's advocate here. I don't give a damn what people wear.

Later: but I reserve the right to laugh at them!

[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
28-08-2016, 06:03 AM
[Image: 14102384_1776596365897567_4676324415557147851_n.jpg]

[+] 8 users Like Gloucester's post
28-08-2016, 08:27 AM
(28-08-2016 06:03 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  [Image: 14102384_1776596365897567_4676324415557147851_n.jpg]

I love Sudoku! I do the one in the paper before I even come here in the morning.