Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
06-09-2016, 07:13 AM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
[Image: religious20belief20cartoon1.png?w=450&h=192]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-09-2016, 07:17 AM
[Image: tumblr_m8d39nQm6q1qcbrp0o1_500%5B1%5D.png]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 14 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Been having a clearout in my archive drive...

[Image: 2usk1ox.jpg]

[Image: fwf40.jpg]

[Image: 14mfn8g.jpg]

[Image: 23ljf3t.jpg]

[Image: swph7n.jpg]

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 8 users Like Gloucester's post
06-09-2016, 12:04 PM
[Image: 23ljf3t.jpg]

Dude, good post. This is the most insightful comment on religion I've ever seen.

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-09-2016, 01:29 PM
(06-09-2016 12:04 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  [Image: 23ljf3t.jpg]

Dude, good post. This is the most insightful comment on religion I've ever seen.

Pretty damn clever.
06-09-2016, 03:38 PM

You should see the South Park episode that's a two or more parter about Cartman being frozen and awoken in the future where people go to war over whose atheism is more correct. Tongue

[Image: 8S1vhnK.png]

[Image: ATM9ozm.png]

(Funny side story on my JW pics; the Mormon Sister Missionaries keep coming to my friend's door on game night before we all get there. The next time someone cancels, he's so inviting them and letting them try to convert all of us for funsies.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post
07-09-2016, 06:41 AM
(06-09-2016 03:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  

You should see the South Park episode that's a two or more parter about Cartman being frozen and awoken in the future where people go to war over whose atheism is more correct. Tongue

Science damn you, of course I've seen it!

Brilliant stuff. SP routinely makes fun of atheists... my old group in Kansas would get together to cook food and watch the anti-atheism ones, in particular. We figured if you can't laugh at your own nonsense, you have no right laughing at the nonsense of others. Smile

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-09-2016, 07:22 AM
(07-09-2016 06:41 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 03:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  You should see the South Park episode that's a two or more parter about Cartman being frozen and awoken in the future where people go to war over whose atheism is more correct. Tongue

Science damn you, of course I've seen it!

Brilliant stuff. SP routinely makes fun of atheists... my old group in Kansas would get together to cook food and watch the anti-atheism ones, in particular. We figured if you can't laugh at your own nonsense, you have no right laughing at the nonsense of others. Smile

Laughed out loud as my Dean walked by at the "Science Damn You" from the show. And I agree, I laugh at the Catholic episodes too (or how the Mormons are the one true church while everyone in SP dumps on them). Actually, a lot of seminarians I've met will watch South Park for its satirical commentary on both religion and society. Laugh out load (Though none, once they become priests, will sadly quote it in the pulpit for fear of getting in trouble. I'd pay good money to see some priest in the middle of arguing with his Parish Council channel Cartman and go "You will respect my authoritah!" and have a PC member get it and go, "Shut up fatass." and all of them laugh at the byplay.)

Small "c" confession? I'm doing one section of theory this semester, we will watch South Park at least once. The episode where the boys run down the teacher years ago and then turn on each other is great for "let's try to apply one of our theories to their deviance". One of my mentors in grad school used to show an episode per theory, but I'm not that good.

(Despite having a funny image, no image, because Imgur hates me right now.)

[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
07-09-2016, 11:29 AM
[Image: aLOtkO2.jpg]

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 6 users Like izel's post
07-09-2016, 04:37 PM
[Image: XQN6aq4.jpg]

Edit: Not me, just one I found. But when I did get baptised, the minister lost his grip and I hit my head on the bottom of the baptistry.

[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post