Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
14-12-2016, 06:28 AM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
[Image: Cfo4dxQUMAE7pZ4.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
14-12-2016, 09:22 AM
[Image: catholic%2Bchurch%2Bsexual%2Babuse%2Bsca...2Bnews.GIF]

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 7 users Like Impulse's post
15-12-2016, 03:41 PM
[Image: 8c11f87230731219f4730ebb1cb5d74d.jpg]

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 13 users Like Impulse's post
16-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Croques-prepuces. Facepalm

Seriously, can Xtianity be one big joke they’ve been playing on us all this time? Consider

“St Birgitta, a Swedish nun, had a vision in which she ate the Foreskin. “So great was the sweetness at the swallowing of this membrane that she felt a sweet transformation in all the members and the muscles of her members,” it says in her book Revelations.

More commonly, though, people tasted the alleged Holy Foreskins to verify that they were real. The most accepted test of the veracity of a Foreskin was tasting. Shell says that “A properly trained physician chosen by the local priest would taste the shrivelled leather in order to determine whether it was wholly or partly human skin.” Surgeons who had thus consumed the body of Christ were known as croques-prépuces.”

[Image: enhanced-buzz-wide-29727-1446653979-7.jpg?no-auto]

The Holy Foreskins weren’t the only odd relics. As well as the usual bones and hair and blood, there was Holy Breast Milk, Holy Faeces, Holy Urine, and more.
Shell records that relics claiming to be the “sweat, tears, baby teeth, hair, umbilical cord, fingernails, urine, faeces and other bodily excrescences” of Jesus Christ were discovered at various points. “Anything from a saint’s blood to semen, any kind of bodily stuff” could be a relic, says Stavrakopoulou. “Breast milk from the Virgin, that kind of thing.”

[Image: enhanced-buzz-wide-11891-1446655415-7.jpg?no-auto]

I’ll see myself out. Probably for good. Confused

(Prof. Stavrakopoulou is great, btw)

[Image: 5tul2p.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
16-12-2016, 03:17 PM
(16-12-2016 10:03 AM)Vera Wrote:  The Holy Foreskins weren’t the only odd relics. As well as the usual bones and hair and blood, there was Holy Breast Milk, Holy Faeces, Holy Urine, and more.
Shell records that relics claiming to be the “sweat, tears, baby teeth, hair, umbilical cord, fingernails, urine, faeces and other bodily excrescences” of Jesus Christ were discovered at various points. “Anything from a saint’s blood to semen, any kind of bodily stuff” could be a relic, says Stavrakopoulou. “Breast milk from the Virgin, that kind of thing.”

Laugh out load Literal holy crap.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-12-2016, 03:44 PM
(16-12-2016 03:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 10:03 AM)Vera Wrote:  The Holy Foreskins weren’t the only odd relics. As well as the usual bones and hair and blood, there was Holy Breast Milk, Holy Faeces, Holy Urine, and more.

Laugh out load Literal holy crap.

Oh, the mental images that invokes! Evil_monster

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
16-12-2016, 03:50 PM
[Image: 1b8.jpg]

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 5 users Like Gloucester's post
16-12-2016, 05:48 PM
(16-12-2016 03:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  Laugh out load Literal holy crap.

What I want to know (figure of speech! I really do not want to know!) is who went around collecting Jesus’s “holy excrescences” (and fingernails!). What did they store them in? Did they have jars back then? Peter’s pickled poos? Simon’s seasoned stools? So many questions!

(It actually got me thinking seriously – while there must have been the occasional creep like that St. What’s-Her-Face who used to drink pus and other such delicacies), could they have started this in order to… I don’t know, come to terms with the fact that their holy saviour must have been going around the place, shitting and doing all the other disgusting things the rest of us do. I know the thought of this kinda unsettled me a bit when I was still deluded… and I was nowhere near as repulsed by the body as they were/are (even if I kinda agree with Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced Bouquet Rolleyes ): “You'd think by now evolution would have replaced our unfortunate bodily functions with something a little more tasteful. I suppose it was perfectly adequate for primitive peoples, but really.” Why can’t we have evolved to photosynthesise or something…)

[Image: holy-water-holy-shit-364x550.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
16-12-2016, 06:59 PM
[Image: 5149a1a101167.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 10 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-12-2016, 07:29 PM
(16-12-2016 06:59 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  [Image: 5149a1a101167.jpg]

"I'm all right" = Caddyshack Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post