Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
06-02-2017, 07:46 AM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
[Image: god-vs-science-structures.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 18 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-02-2017, 07:51 AM
(05-02-2017 03:05 PM)leigh7911 Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 12:24 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  [Image: og4uZM1.png]

I want to post this one on facebook SO BAD.

Do it...you know you want to...you could always blame the Catholic?

[Image: o83JpEY.png]

[Image: bK28XgP.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
06-02-2017, 11:42 AM
(05-02-2017 10:55 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I just did. Big Grin

(06-02-2017 07:51 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Do it...you know you want to...you could always blame the Catholic?

Lol. I imagine at some point I'll 'come out,' but for now, the husbandperson and I are not interested in having that conversation with my own, 'regular' level of religious parents, much less his that are both missionaries and pastors... Although, the mother-in-law might already suspect something. Shocking

[Image: godhates.jpg]

The "God hates large format printing" one just warms the cockles of my cold, heathen heart.
[+] 13 users Like leigh7911's post
06-02-2017, 11:58 AM
(06-02-2017 07:46 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  [Image: god-vs-science-structures.jpg]

Change the top to "on Earth". and it would be almost accurate.
06-02-2017, 12:03 PM
(06-02-2017 11:42 AM)leigh7911 Wrote:  

(06-02-2017 07:51 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Do it...you know you want to...you could always blame the Catholic?

Lol. I imagine at some point I'll 'come out,' but for now, the husbandperson and I are not interested in having that conversation with my own, 'regular' level of religious parents, much less his that are both missionaries and pastors... Although, the mother-in-law might already suspect something. Shocking

The "God hates large format printing" one just warms the cockles of my cold, heathen heart.

I'll never understand what makes people go out and hold signs like this (the God hates fags lady). Don't these people have like... lives?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-02-2017, 12:07 PM
(06-02-2017 12:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-02-2017 11:42 AM)leigh7911 Wrote:  Lol. I imagine at some point I'll 'come out,' but for now, the husbandperson and I are not interested in having that conversation with my own, 'regular' level of religious parents, much less his that are both missionaries and pastors... Although, the mother-in-law might already suspect something. Shocking

I'll never understand what makes people go out and hold signs like this (the God hates fags lady). Don't these people have like... lives?

That would be Westboro. When your entire church is made up of family members and you have inbreeding going on, no they don't have lives.
06-02-2017, 12:10 PM

He missed "GOD HATES COMIC SANS!"
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
06-02-2017, 12:36 PM

Oy, can't blame you or the husbandperson for not wanting to. Sad Even as a Catholic, know the feeling with the pastor-folks part to an extent. Cousin married a Baptist minister. He lets his kids use his Facebook; we've had several run-ins about how I need to only post "appropriate" things. He's filtered from 90%+ of my posts due to finding them objectionable. Last time a link was shared from Friendly Atheist, he went on a rant about how there's nothing friendly about atheists and how an atheist couldn't be trusted on a religious story. So I posted another link, and he found it okay, and when he asked me why not use that to begin with, I essentially told him I did, it was linked to in the Friendly Atheist post. (Which, btw, I'd not even noticed was the source until he temper tantrumed.)

(06-02-2017 12:07 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(06-02-2017 12:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  I'll never understand what makes people go out and hold signs like this (the God hates fags lady). Don't these people have like... lives?

That would be Westboro. When your entire church is made up of family members and you have inbreeding going on, no they don't have lives.

Don't criticize them too loudly man, they're also full of lawyers and like to sue people. <.< Sadly, the late Fred Phelps was actually a civil rights lawyer who fought to end segregation, before he went crazy.

[Image: MJSliay.png]

[Image: g7l5wnF.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post
06-02-2017, 11:36 PM
Smdh...
[Image: IMG_0881_zpsaaha1mce.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Captain Congo's post
06-02-2017, 11:49 PM
(06-02-2017 12:36 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Oy, can't blame you or the husbandperson for not wanting to. Sad Even as a Catholic, know the feeling with the pastor-folks part to an extent. Cousin married a Baptist minister. He lets his kids use his Facebook; we've had several run-ins about how I need to only post "appropriate" things. He's filtered from 90%+ of my posts due to finding them objectionable. Last time a link was shared from Friendly Atheist, he went on a rant about how there's nothing friendly about atheists and how an atheist couldn't be trusted on a religious story. So I posted another link, and he found it okay, and when he asked me why not use that to begin with, I essentially told him I did, it was linked to in the Friendly Atheist post. (Which, btw, I'd not even noticed was the source until he temper tantrumed.)

Yes! I like the Friendly Atheist site and have 'liked' several of his posts. Godless in Dixie too. Some of it has been balanced out by 'likes' on left-leaning Christian posts that a friend links to occasionally. Gotta cover my tracks. Angel

Also, if your cousin's husband doesn't want his kids to see 'inappropriate' things, what the heck is he doing letting them on Facebook? Isn't it *his* responsibility to shield his offspring from potentially questionable content, not yours?!
[+] 1 user Likes leigh7911's post