Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
16-02-2017, 04:27 AM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
Sorry if it’s been posted already, but for some reason this made me laugh way, way more than it should have in the weenie small hours Rolleyes

[Image: viewer.php?img=gyFyKJDIjwH2Ze-SMpJODsS6W...1GCE3V.jpg]

Also, some of the comments were hilarious. Like:

The reason you can't put a finger on it is because you'd need 2 hands.

Jesus just trying to get a knee-jerk reaction!!!

We all fall short in his eyes!

But could you touch it with a 10-foot pole?

That's quite the res-erection.

The father, the son, and the HOLY SHIT IS THAT A PENIS?

Psalm 147:5 Great is our Lord, and abundant in power

The Passion of the Christ indeed.

Q: Left knee or right knee?
A: Weenie!

Also, obligatory Rolleyes

Oh, and the very talented Dan Piraro was especially incisive on a recent cartoon:

"Bible times were hilarious. I should know, I was raised in Oklahoma, the prong of the buckle of the Bible Belt, and a state that has done everything in its power to maintain the atmosphere of the Old Testament well into the 21st century. In small ways they’ve progressed a bit since I was a teenager there, but when I was growing up in Oklahoma, anyone who did not wear the local “uniform” was treated much like poor Kevin of Jericho above. In those days––the early 1970s––the local uniform was a mullet and some form of Confederate flag. Basically, you had to look like a roadie for Lynyrd Skynyrd to keep from being called a “faggot” by strangers on the street, which happened to me weekly, often more than once. I didn’t let it get to me, though. I simply became a widely known satirist and made a living making fun of them in ways they didn’t understand.

I should clarify by saying that not everyone in Oklahoma in those days was a bullying nitwit, which is another important parallel to the folks in the Old Testament. Of the estimated 11,563 characters mentioned in the Old Testament, seven were not vengeful dicks." Laughat

[Image: Bizarro-02-12-17-WEB.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like Vera's post
16-02-2017, 10:56 AM
That's what needs to start showing up on cheese sandwiches.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
16-02-2017, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2017 12:08 PM by Vera.)
(16-02-2017 10:56 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  That's what needs to start showing up on cheese sandwiches.

Because eating their god wasn't creepy enough already, no siree Facepalm

Oh, but this reminded of this pure gold from the author of Awkward Moments Children's Bible (which is great!)

[Image: ezekiel_side_by_side1.jpg]

The comments, overflowing with good ol' Xtian kindness are even more hilarious

[Image: alyssa.jpg]

[Image: jeff.jpg]

[Image: annie.jpg]

Makes one wonder where exactly was this good god of hers, when his own servants were raping kids for years and years and years on end? Good god, indeed! Censored

Oh, but this self-righteous hatred reminded me of a brilliant story by the great Greg Egan I literally read today, The Moral Virologist. It is so worth the read, imho (like everything I've read by him so far Yes )

John Shawcross was at college, on the verge of taking up paleontology, when AIDS first began to make the news in a big way. As the epidemic snowballed, and the spiritual celebrities he most admired (his father included) began proclaiming the disease to be God's will, he found himself increasingly obsessed by it. In an age where the word miracle belonged to medicine and science, here was a plague, straight out of the Old Testament, destroying the wicked and sparing the righteous (give or take some haemophiliacs and transfusion recipients), proving to Shawcross beyond any doubt that sinners could be punished in this life, as well as in the next. This was, he decided, valuable in at least two ways: not only would sinners to whom damnation had seemed a remote and unproven threat now have a powerful, worldly reason to reform, but the righteous would be strengthened in their resolve by this unarguable sign of heavenly support and approval.

In short, the mere existence of AIDS made John Shawcross feel good, and he gradually became convinced that some kind of personal involvement with HIV, the AIDS virus, would make him feel even better. He lay awake at night, pondering God's mysterious ways, and wondering how he could get in on the act. AIDS research would be aimed at a cure, so how could he possibly justify involving himself with that?

[...]

The trouble was, vast segments of the population had, in spite of their wantonness, remained uninfected, and the use of condoms, according to the studies he'd read, did seem to reduce the risk of transmission. These facts disturbed Shawcross a great deal. Why would an omnipotent God create an imperfect tool? Was it a matter of divine mercy? That was possible, he conceded, but it struck him as rather distasteful: sexual Russian roulette was hardly a fitting image of the Lord's capacity for forgiveness.
Or - Shawcross tingled all over as the possibility crystalised in his brain - might AIDS be no more than a mere prophetic shadow, hinting at a future plague a thousand times more terrible? A warning to the wicked to change their ways while they still had time? An example to the righteous as to how they might do His will?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 8 users Like Vera's post
17-02-2017, 08:53 AM
[Image: celibacy_in_the_city_1538735.jpg?w=500]

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 8 users Like Impulse's post
17-02-2017, 01:43 PM
[Image: comfortable-christianity-memes-9.jpg]

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 12 users Like Szuchow's post
17-02-2017, 07:23 PM
[Image: nQ7uV2g.jpg]
[+] 14 users Like pablo's post
18-02-2017, 10:35 AM
[Image: 1487432700-20170218.png]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 10 users Like Revenant77x's post
18-02-2017, 01:23 PM
(18-02-2017 10:35 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: 1487432700-20170218.png]

"Jerkass God" I like it. Thumbsup
18-02-2017, 04:34 PM
[Image: 6f2a4a689753157008900178a1a41a35.jpg]

Pew Pew Big Grin

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 7 users Like Impulse's post
18-02-2017, 05:20 PM
[Image: 4aNIibc.jpg]
[+] 13 users Like pablo's post