Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
04-03-2017, 08:16 AM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
Impulse, I like using this one as a response:

"I’m sorry if my Atheism offends you. But guess what - your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, murdering of albinos, forcing girls into underage marriages, female genital mutilation, stoning, pederasty, homophobia, and rejection of science and reason offends me. So, I guess we’re even."

[Image: CJmTPpLWUAAlc6H.jpg:large]

And a real comment: only if you repent and avail yourself of His blood atonement. So many people seem to operate as if grace is cheap. We were bought at a price - the most expensive price ever paid for anything, the bloody sacrificial death of God's own Son.

And they have the gore gall to be offended when we call it a blood cult Facepalm

[Image: B4KhjyZCEAAbNQC.jpg]

[Image: Atheists_1578e0_4668733.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Vera's post
04-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Must have been quite the problem back then if Bible authors bothered to prohibit it:

[Image: f28f991603f09ab0edc5abe52c7c7312.jpg]

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
04-03-2017, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 06:30 PM by BackSlider.)
Tell me this isn't so!?
& yeah, I'm screwed in the "friends dept" also.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 2 users Like BackSlider's post
04-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Jesus has no friends... Laughat

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-03-2017, 06:50 PM
(23-02-2017 08:17 PM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: 6eMcSXF.jpg]

The last four digits of my phone are 6666...tru dat. Evil_monster

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-03-2017, 06:51 PM
(04-03-2017 06:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 08:17 PM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: 6eMcSXF.jpg]

The last four digits of my phone are 6666...tru dat. Evil_monster

On Aug. 19th I'll be 66.6 years old. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
04-03-2017, 07:20 PM

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
04-03-2017, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 10:37 PM by cactus.)
[Image: img779.jpg]
Here's the text for anyone who's just dying to read it
https://www.scribd.com/document/88000466...V-Grant-Sr

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
05-03-2017, 02:06 AM
(04-03-2017 02:35 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Must have been quite the problem back then if Bible authors bothered to prohibit it:

[Image: f28f991603f09ab0edc5abe52c7c7312.jpg]

But apparently rape wasn't as much of an issue, except when it was a betrothed virgin (in which case, you're damaging a man's financially-valuable property), so no need to prohibit that.

I've never had a decent answer from a Christian about why there was never a commandment that said, "Women are equal unto men in dignity and worth. Thou shalt never force yourself sexually on another person without their direct and informed consent, for it is an abomination. Thus saith the Lord."

I usually break it out when we're having the "the Bible is the source of all morality" conversation, along with the stuff about how to own your foreign slaves and will them to your children to be property forever.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
05-03-2017, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2017 07:49 AM by BackSlider.)
YiKES!Gasp
Thread won't allow me to delete!?
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'BackSlider

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

You have to be odd to be #1.