Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
26-05-2017, 10:01 PM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
[Image: KD33AUR.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Shai Hulud's post
26-05-2017, 10:52 PM
That's amazing. I just showed/read it to like ten different people at this party.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
27-05-2017, 07:46 AM
(26-05-2017 10:52 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  That's amazing. I just showed/read it to like ten different people at this party.

Glad you enjoyed it (and shared it)! Hope they liked it too! Overall, a twist I'd never seen on the "does this unit have a soul" trope. Smile

Need to think of a witty signature.
27-05-2017, 08:30 AM
(27-05-2017 07:46 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 10:52 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  That's amazing. I just showed/read it to like ten different people at this party.

Glad you enjoyed it (and shared it)! Hope they liked it too! Overall, a twist I'd never seen on the "does this unit have a soul" trope. Smile

You might like Jack L. Chakler's "Soul Rider" series, one of his five-part anthologies.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
27-05-2017, 09:36 AM
(27-05-2017 07:46 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  

Yes! I was actually talking about science fiction books we loved, with a group of people at the party, and had to walk away for a few minutes to join the bathroom queue. So I pulled out my phone to check TTA rather than have weird bathroom-line conversations in the hall.

When I saw what I started calling a "thirty second sci-fi story", I left the page up (before putting the phone into my back pocket) and then took it downstairs again to show my little conversation group-- everybody was kind of amazed at the idea of a whole scifi story on one page of a phone screen. We were like, "Why isn't this more of a thing?"

The partygoers were mostly my Beloved's friends from highschool, who were gathering because her best friend has just moved back here from Colorado, and so I was about 5-7 years older than the rest of the crowd (I am 7 years older than she), making it handy to have a "hey this guy's pretty awesome" moment with that crowd. The rest of the night went pretty well!

I very much appreciate your assistance in becoming accepted with them. Even if it was inadvertent. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-05-2017, 10:23 AM
[attachment=3764]
[+] 4 users Like M. Linoge's post
31-05-2017, 09:44 AM
[Image: refugee-meme.jpg]

[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
31-05-2017, 10:11 AM
(31-05-2017 09:44 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  [Image: refugee-meme.jpg]

Ok, Christmas is a very American thing. The muslims don't celebrate it. They have some other holy days and they are not based around jesus.
31-05-2017, 10:27 AM
(31-05-2017 10:11 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 09:44 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  [Image: refugee-meme.jpg]

Ok, Christmas is a very American thing. The muslims don't celebrate it. They have some other holy days and they are not based around jesus.

Of course the Muslims don't celebrate it. They think of Jesus (Issa) as a prophet, not as a god. That'd be as weird as Christians celebrating a holiday dedicated to Isaiah.

And Christmas is only a relatively recent American thing... initially, mainline (Protestant) churches in the US stood up against it, seeing it (rightly) as a pagan/Catholic holiday, until enough people started celebrating it anyway that it gained commercial momentum.

But the point of the meme is that if Christians believe that they shouldn't allow Middle Eastern refugees into the USA in their time of need, they are ignoring the plight of Mary & Joseph when there was no place for them to go, in the Nativity story.

[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
31-05-2017, 03:57 PM
[Image: f3b7c139e8.jpg]

Jesus showed up in an orange this time.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 6 users Like Old Man Marsh's post