Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
20-06-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(20-06-2017 09:07 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 08:24 AM)Vera Wrote:  Fidget Spinners

Vera...I'm about to say something that makes me sad. I want to remind everyone I am not an Evangelical...because...

I know an Evangelical Youth Minister who used fidget spinners to try and explain the Trinity to his youth group. No

It's a good thing I wasn't in his class. Even when I was a believer, I would have been the one who pointed to the spinner lobes and asked why Lobe 1 was praying to Lobe 2 and asking Lobe 1 not to make Lobe 2 do something.

Even with the best intentions, I had quite a few Sunday School teachers I'm sure I sent to early retirement. I was six, I believe, when I exclaimed, "Wait, so Hell is just the name of a place? That means it's not a dirty word after all. Hell! Hell!! Hell!!!"

(My parents were called in, immediately.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-06-2017, 10:04 PM
(20-06-2017 09:28 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 09:07 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Vera...I'm about to say something that makes me sad. I want to remind everyone I am not an Evangelical...because...

I know an Evangelical Youth Minister who used fidget spinners to try and explain the Trinity to his youth group. No

It's a good thing I wasn't in his class. Even when I was a believer, I would have been the one who pointed to the spinner lobes and asked why Lobe 1 was praying to Lobe 2 and asking Lobe 1 not to make Lobe 2 do something.

Even with the best intentions, I had quite a few Sunday School teachers I'm sure I sent to early retirement. I was six, I believe, when I exclaimed, "Wait, so Hell is just the name of a place? That means it's not a dirty word after all. Hell! Hell!! Hell!!!"

Sounds like the time I got in trouble for asking, "So Jesus couldn't sin?" "Right." "So if Jesus couldn't sin, how could He be tempted by sin like we are?" "..."

But yeah, this guy would bullshit you and answer RS. Wink I listened to his soundcloud of one of his preachings once and made it through 10 minutes before turning it off at the number of factual supporting errors he made.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
20-06-2017, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2017 11:35 PM by Cosmo.)
George Carlin RIP.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 3 users Like Cosmo's post
21-06-2017, 11:14 AM
(20-06-2017 10:04 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 09:28 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Even with the best intentions, I had quite a few Sunday School teachers I'm sure I sent to early retirement. I was six, I believe, when I exclaimed, "Wait, so Hell is just the name of a place? That means it's not a dirty word after all. Hell! Hell!! Hell!!!"

Sounds like the time I got in trouble for asking, "So Jesus couldn't sin?" "Right." "So if Jesus couldn't sin, how could He be tempted by sin like we are?" "..."
I was the little Catholic boy asking why we called Mary a virgin when she had other kids after Jeez. That was fun.

All they had to do was use the standard excuse of her maiden hood being restored upon her ascension. But no.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
21-06-2017, 11:25 AM
[Image: 2017-06-21.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Gawdzilla's post
22-06-2017, 02:14 PM
[Image: 10312012111622.jpg]

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
22-06-2017, 05:51 PM
[Image: gp7Dbh2.jpg]
[+] 16 users Like pablo's post
23-06-2017, 07:20 PM
[Image: 1498057367-soonish9.png]
[+] 9 users Like RobbyPants's post
25-06-2017, 06:42 PM
I know it's not actual history, but...
[Image: 5BvVlgV.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like Clockwork's post
25-06-2017, 07:28 PM
I like this one.

[Image: aVinoTR.jpg]
[+] 11 users Like pablo's post