Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 4.18 Average
01-06-2011, 11:57 AM

RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
[Image: napkin-religion.jpg]
[Image: religion-religion-christianity-mormon-de...419350.jpg]
[Image: earth.jpg]

+
Graphic picture, not directly linked
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Celestus87's post
01-06-2011, 01:29 PM
(01-06-2011 11:57 AM)Celestus87 Wrote:  Graphic picture, not directly linked
WTF man!! [Image: sick0012.gif]

@ theophilus
How can one distinguish between the divine word and downright crackpot explanations?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 07:53 AM
(01-06-2011 10:23 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(25-05-2011 03:05 PM)The Holy Goat Wrote:  Here's another from one of my favourite Bible stories.

[Image: biblestories2.jpg]
Whoever made this picture didn't study carefully what the Bible said. There are two things he didn't understand.

First, there is the reason for the attack. The children said, "Go up, thou bald head." He focused on the reference to Elisha's baldness, but he overlooked completely the meaning of the words "Go up." Shortly before this Elijah had been carried into heaven by God. The children were expressing their disbelief in this by challenging Elisha to go up as Elijah had. This was the reason they were punished.

Second, he pictures the children as being very young. This isn't necessarily the case. When the Israelites refused to enter the promised land because of fear God declared that that generation would die in the wilderness and their children would enter the land instead. Look as exactly what he said, in Numbers 14:29-31:
Quote:Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward which have murmured against me. Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, concerning which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun. But your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, them will I bring in, and they shall know the land which ye have despised.
Those who will enter the land are called "little ones" which sound as if they were small children, but in fact the term means anyone below the age of 20. The same thing is true of the "little children" who were attacked by the bears. They could in fact have been 18 or 19 years old, which would make them adults by today's standards.

Often when people criticize the Bible it is because they don't understand what it says. When you think that something in the Bible is wrong it would be a good idea to do some research to make sure you really understand it. You can find a lot of good commentaries online here:

http://biblecommenter.com/

Well, now that you've explained it .... it is still horrific and the picture is still fairly accurate.

That's some loving and forgiving god you've got there.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
05-06-2011, 04:25 PM
[Image: crazyvsreligion.png]

[Image: god-made-me-an-atheist.jpg]

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 4 users Like Thammuz's post
05-06-2011, 06:25 PM

[Image: n17920648935_877189_5239.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Diederick's post
05-06-2011, 07:29 PM
(01-06-2011 10:23 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(25-05-2011 03:05 PM)The Holy Goat Wrote:  Here's another from one of my favourite Bible stories.

[Image: biblestories2.jpg]
Whoever made this picture didn't study carefully what the Bible said. There are two things he didn't understand.

First, there is the reason for the attack. The children said, "Go up, thou bald head." He focused on the reference to Elisha's baldness, but he overlooked completely the meaning of the words "Go up." Shortly before this Elijah had been carried into heaven by God. The children were expressing their disbelief in this by challenging Elisha to go up as Elijah had. This was the reason they were punished.

Second, he pictures the children as being very young. This isn't necessarily the case. When the Israelites refused to enter the promised land because of fear God declared that that generation would die in the wilderness and their children would enter the land instead. Look as exactly what he said, in Numbers 14:29-31:
Quote:Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward which have murmured against me. Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, concerning which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun. But your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, them will I bring in, and they shall know the land which ye have despised.
Those who will enter the land are called "little ones" which sound as if they were small children, but in fact the term means anyone below the age of 20. The same thing is true of the "little children" who were attacked by the bears. They could in fact have been 18 or 19 years old, which would make them adults by today's standards.

Often when people criticize the Bible it is because they don't understand what it says. When you think that something in the Bible is wrong it would be a good idea to do some research to make sure you really understand it. You can find a lot of good commentaries online here:

http://biblecommenter.com/

I think that whether the "little children" were young or super ancient is really beside the point. I mean they were teasing someone which is not very nice sure, but I mean holy shit BEARS. Bears ate them. That`s the message here is it not

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
05-06-2011, 09:26 PM
That's a stretch to say that 18/19 year olds in a time where that was more than half the life expectancy were considered "little children".
And really, is disbelief so bad? If I told you that I was a leprechaun, then you wouldn't believe me (I hope), but that is a good thing. Only a dick would punish people for their justified disbelief, for being rational.
That's not including the burden of proof to demonstrate all of that, not only that what the bible said actually happened, but also that you're interpretation is correct.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes daemonowner's post
07-06-2011, 03:06 PM

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
09-06-2011, 05:40 AM
[Image: 9c41d_Bq36j.jpg]

[Image: Christianity_GivingYouTheRight.png]

[Image: parentaladvisory.jpg]

[Image: coatfire.jpg]

[Image: nz004.jpg]

[Image: cartoon_whats_wrong_june14_05.jpg]

[Image: Bizarro34.jpg]

[Image: br02.jpg]

[Image: Mysteriousways.jpg]

[Image: whelloffort.jpg]

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 7 users Like Thammuz's post
10-06-2011, 08:22 PM
[Image: Muhammad77.jpg]

So I don't have any bias:

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like The Doctor's post