Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.57 Average
12-06-2011, 12:57 PM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(01-06-2011 10:23 AM)theophilus Wrote:  They could in fact have been 18 or 19 years old, which would make them adults by today's standards.

Yeah, sorry about that. Because making bears slaughter 19 year olds is much better.

Why won't God heal amputees?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like The Holy Goat's post
12-06-2011, 02:33 PM
I really don't see how anyone can honestly try to dance around the "children" language to meaning something other than what it says, especially when you consider the average life span back then was ~40 or so. 18 or 19 may be adults by today's standards but by biblical time standards it was almost middle age for a large percentage of the population.

The lengths people will go to whitewash the bible are astounding.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
16-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Confused cardinal Big Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
27-06-2011, 06:38 PM

[Image: 2008-07-24-page-15.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2011, 02:10 AM

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like MasterRottweiler's post
28-06-2011, 01:53 PM
That guy who dressed as vader is awesome. I'm jealous of his tenacity. The best part though is once vader is revealed to the camera if you look at the balding chubby white guy, he has a smile on his face after he looks back. He gets it. Thanks for the video post it made an otherwise bad day better.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
29-06-2011, 09:24 AM
(12-06-2011 12:57 PM)The Holy Goat Wrote:  
(01-06-2011 10:23 AM)theophilus Wrote:  They could in fact have been 18 or 19 years old, which would make them adults by today's standards.

Yeah, sorry about that. Because making bears slaughter 19 year olds is much better.
Of course it is. If they are that old they know enough about right and wrong to be fully responsible for their actions.

I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
29-06-2011, 09:49 AM
And, responsibility for teasing someone because they are bald means being eaten by bears.

Got it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
29-06-2011, 09:54 AM
(29-06-2011 09:49 AM)BnW Wrote:  And, responsibility for teasing someone because they are bald means being eaten by bears.

Got it.
They weren't killed because of what they said about his baldness. Did you read my first post on this subject?

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...7#pid33427

I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
29-06-2011, 12:08 PM
(29-06-2011 09:54 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(29-06-2011 09:49 AM)BnW Wrote:  And, responsibility for teasing someone because they are bald means being eaten by bears.

Got it.
They weren't killed because of what they said about his baldness. Did you read my first post on this subject?

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...7#pid33427

Ok, so your explaination was this:

"The children said, "Go up, thou bald head." He focused on the reference to Elisha's baldness, but he overlooked completely the meaning of the words "Go up." Shortly before this Elijah had been carried into heaven by God. The children were expressing their disbelief in this by challenging Elisha to go up as Elijah had. This was the reason they were punished."

So basically, you are saying that by those children asking for proof of something they didn't believe (asking Elisha to demonstrate what they are expected to believe) they earned a death sentence?? This is typical christianity. You MUST believe, and you MUST NOT ask for a reason to do so.

I'm not sure what you are even trying to justify here, but thinking that anyone should be eaten by bears for asking someone to prove their claim is down right scary. I'd hate to meet you in a dark alley.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 14 users Like Stark Raving's post