Fb message

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2013, 10:20 AM
RE: Fb message
I read the first few sentences and the last few... I agree that's why Christianity is different and fundamental in it's ideas, worse than other religions.

A guy can go around and kill a bunch of people but presumably confess his sins and have his faith in his relationship with Jesus, and he'll get eternal bliss in Heaven.Drinking Beverage

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 11:05 AM
(01-04-2013 07:38 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  Ok whoa back up this was sent to me on fb I forgot to mention that I am an atheist someone sent this to me in a pm.

So, did you respond to this? If you did, I'd love to see it.

And I'm glad to hear that you haven't lost touch with reality. Thumbsup

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
02-04-2013, 01:21 PM
No I have not responded yet I really don't know what to say.

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2013, 02:15 PM
(02-04-2013 01:21 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  No I have not responded yet I really don't know what to say.

Tell him he's delusional and a Calvinist to boot. They're not necessarily the same thin... Consider oh wait... yea they are.

Well, since he mentioned serial killers right off the bat... maybe un-friending would be best. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
02-04-2013, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 04:50 PM by kim.)
I know Kingsy is a good man but still...
[Image: Lucradis_zpsc28ddc68.jpg]
this is what I wish Calvinist meant.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
02-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Ok this person is actually a good friend of mine and is not stupid at all hes one of the few friends who still talks to me after my deconversion I think hes just been around so much dogma and indoctranation just like I was but I was able to get out.

02-04-2013, 04:09 PM
If you think this is bad you should see the things other friends have sent to me.

02-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Chuck,

Why would they open a church and preach to people if god chooses who goes to heaven and who goes to hell? If it is not based on what you do in life, what would be my motivation to be christian and go to that church? It sounded to me like no matter what they did, no matter how many people they themselves convert, that god still might not choose them. And they still end up in hell. Did I misunderstand?
[+] 1 user Likes Dirtnapper324's post
02-04-2013, 04:29 PM
(02-04-2013 04:27 PM)Dirtnapper324 Wrote:  Chuck,

Why would they open a church and preach to people if god chooses who goes to heaven and who goes to hell? If it is not based on what you do in life, what would be my motivation to be christian and go to that church? It sounded to me like no matter what they did, no matter how many people they themselves convert, that god still might not choose them. And they still end up in hell. Did I misunderstand?

Calvinism is probably one of the strangest religions. But the crux is if you find yourself in that particular church it's because Dog is letting you know your among the anointed or somesuch.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
02-04-2013, 04:48 PM
(02-04-2013 04:08 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  Ok this person is actually a good friend of mine and is not stupid at all hes one of the few friends who still talks to me after my deconversion I think hes just been around so much dogma and indoctranation just like I was but I was able to get out.

Yea in general, calvinists seem to be able to hold that judging shit to a minimum - makes them pretty tolerant and tolerable. They mainly seem to be alright, just unable to shake or at least, reconcile within themselves that "but, what if..." notion about god or faith. Many of the "faithful" seem to have been so immersed in that culture, I think they take it for granted that everyone else has a similar god or faith based viewpoint.

I don't like to generalize but I'm sure some calvinist somewhere is writing on some christee forum, "Atheists seem to be ok sometimes but they don't get god and they're probably not supposed to." Actually, I'm quite ok with that. Thumbsup