Fear of heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2016, 09:08 AM
RE: Fear of heaven
(26-09-2016 09:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(24-09-2016 09:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Aquinas said we get to see our enemies suffer in hell, when we're in heaven.
That might be fun, and at least break up the boredom.
Big Grin

(Oh wait, I don't have any enemies .... oh shit.)

Angry Oh, yes, you do! Laugh out load

Aquinas must have been a real ass, if his idea of fun was seeing people suffer. Dodgy

I wonder if he was Mother Theresa's ancestor? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2016, 06:12 PM
RE: Fear of heaven
I've been asked by Xians I've debated "Why don't you want to go to Heaven? Doesn't is sound nice?" and no it doesn't but I usually say I could always think when I die I get transported to the shire from LOTR and get to hang out with every dog I've ever owned that died and go on adventures with Elves and Dwarves...but that would be ridiculous.

Life matters because it doesn't last forever, everything we do is either a challenge or something to enjoy, sometimes both. If Heaven is never challenging then how can anything ever be enjoyable, if that's all you ever experience? There would be no need to have conversations, be creative and write a book or paint or put on a play, even impact anyone still living on Earth isn't possible.

Yes you live forever but it's fucking meaningless and hollow and endless and eventually you'll forget your mortal life when you lived 80 years on Earth a few billion years ago. You're also stuck with your family and friends who died who you missed but now they are always around you and some lived longer and some lived shorter and it's fucking awkward meeting your great-great-grandfather's kid brother who died at 8 and never got to live a full life and you have nothing in common. What if you were a second wife or husband to someone who was a widow/er and their first husband/wife is up in Heaven, talk about awkward, like who are they gonna hang out with forever, the first one or the second one? Ugh, why does anyone want this again? Unsure

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post