Fear of the Walking Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2016, 05:47 PM
RE: Fear of the Walking Dead
The last episode disappointed me greatly. Undecided

It was getting better. But if ex-ganster is burned up, Addict has actually gone all hippyfied cultist, & lil shit with the long hair isn't taken out...

I'll keep watching but I won't like it. Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
02-06-2016, 07:21 PM
We can at least hope that Travis gets the memo the world is ending and finally make him willing to kill zombies and such?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
06-06-2016, 01:16 PM
The problem I have with this show is that it promised something it did not deliver: a look at the world as civilization was in the process of collapsing. We got, at best, a glimpse of that. We're now firmly into the same territory we were in when The Walking Dead started. If we're not (and this is a big problem) we are being kept from the rest of that story, the story we were promised.

This is just a West Coast Walking Dead, which would be fine if the characters were interesting, but aside from Daniel Salazar and Victor Strand (and MAYBE Nick), I'm not really caring much for any of these people. Not that I want to see them eaten, but I'm not invested in them the way I was in Andrea and Merle, right from the start.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
[+] 3 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
27-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Didn't catch episode 7.

I'll be starting this next episode watching Nick, huh? ... Undecided

When's the real Walking Dead coming back? Sadcryface2

27-08-2016, 08:36 PM
FTWD is a million times better than TWD, but there's no accounting for taste, I guess.

I just think everything about the spin-off is better, including the writing. TWD turned into a sorryass telenovela a long time ago, ever since they fired Darabont(the idiots). It's just cheap entertainment.

FTWD has something special, I think. I love it. Maybe it's just because it's newer.
30-08-2016, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2016 01:13 PM by SitaSky.)
*Here be Spoilers* I feel like the last two episodes of FTWD has way too much filler and not enough plot movement, I hate that they seperated the cast since we know they will reunited again at some point but at least show us what is going on with all of them instead of focusing so much on Nick.

That first episode after the hiatus had so much of Nick just wandering around, literally just walking, finding a place to sleep, getting robbed, more walking, etc. It was like what is this? Nothing is happening!

I like that we are getting more character insight and Nick got some flashbacks which we don't get at all in regular TWD, it's one thing we should get more of but most of that was pretty boring too, just sitting around talking to his girlfriend, ok thanks for showing us that, can you show us something actually entertaining or interesting next?

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
30-08-2016, 01:10 PM
(06-06-2016 01:16 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  The problem I have with this show is that it promised something it did not deliver: a look at the world as civilization was in the process of collapsing. We got, at best, a glimpse of that. We're now firmly into the same territory we were in when The Walking Dead started. If we're not (and this is a big problem) we are being kept from the rest of that story, the story we were promised.

This is just a West Coast Walking Dead, which would be fine if the characters were interesting, but aside from Daniel Salazar and Victor Strand (and MAYBE Nick), I'm not really caring much for any of these people. Not that I want to see them eaten, but I'm not invested in them the way I was in Andrea and Merle, right from the start.

I totally agree, if they were going to show us someting different why not show us the point of view of a soldier having to clear out whole towns on orders and becoming jaded and afraid? Why not show a doctor in a hospital setting having to decide to help others or go home to their family? Or a scientist studying the virus? We already have a show about regular folks in a group trying to survive, give us something new.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
30-08-2016, 06:10 PM
Spoilers ahead:
Agreed. Also everyone is crazy at this point. Ophelia missing. Strand and Madison decide to get drunk in a barely defensible space on the thought "hey, haven't seen any zombies". Daughter is the only one with a brain still. Nick joined a doomsday cult. And after two episodes, or probably half the way to mid-season break after next episode, we've still not seen Travis and psycho son.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
31-08-2016, 08:27 PM
I think it's brilliant they separated. Means we don't get to see psycho son who is the most badly written character I've seen in a TV show or movie ever.
As well as Travis who's top 5 worst characters ever.

I think these last two episodes have made Nick more interesting as a character, I like him a lot more now.
Though I'm sick of this "hey a group of people" followed an episode later of "oh wait, they love the zombies and have some sort of cult fetish with them and its bad".

Just once I'd like this or TWD to come across a normal bunch of fucking people.

The problem with this show and why it's so shit is because there's WAAAAY too much feelings. The feelings are so over dramatized it's cringe worthy.
Bring back TWD, it did it too but nowhere near the level this does.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-09-2016, 04:04 PM
(31-08-2016 08:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The problem with this show and why it's so shit is because there's WAAAAY too much feelings. The feelings are so over dramatized it's cringe worthy.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post