Fear of the Walking Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2016, 01:29 PM
RE: Fear of the Walking Dead
Speaking of "normal". The three Bro-Migos are driving me nuts...and psycho son is possibly more psycho than them, considering he's our first main character to kill an innocent human. (Not to be confused with the ones who had it coming, like the woman who poisoned that entire church and made them into zombies.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2016, 11:03 AM
Still not quite sure how I feel about this show. It's getting better, but still light years from WD. I like Alicia though and Nick's getting better.
Find all posts by this user
21-09-2016, 11:34 AM
I've been watching this since the beginning. I wasn't sure if I liked it in the beginning, but it's getting a bit better so I'm still giving it a chance. One of the things that bothers me though is the amount of knowledge these people have about walkers. For example, it seemed like a unique discovery in TWD that covering oneself in guts provides camouflage, but suddenly everyone is doing this in FTWD. (Michonne sort of discovered the same thing, but differently with the chained walkers - which is more realistic than doing exactly the same body covering.) Then Alicia uses her cell phone music to attract the walkers a la the Wolves from TWD. And, although it isn't dead related, the idea of Nick drinking his own urine seemed ridiculous too. I know people have done this in reality, but it has been in far more desperate situations than the one Nick was in. The lack of realism unfortunately detracts a lot from the show.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
21-09-2016, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2016 07:44 PM by SitaSky.)
(09-09-2016 11:03 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Still not quite sure how I feel about this show. It's getting better, but still light years from WD. I like Alicia though and Nick's getting better.

I agree, her relationship with her mother is a lot like my relationship with my parents, I have an older sister who has had drug problems, in and out of rehab, etc. and she always got way more attention and love than me. I can see her arc becoming more interesting has time goes on.

I also feel Nick is probably the most interesting character but his love story is totally forced, she seems way too mature and serious for him and...I don't know, they make a cute couple but it just seems useless and distracting.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
06-10-2016, 09:33 PM
Anyone watch the season finale?
01-06-2017, 10:45 PM
June 4th FTWD returns. Anyone gonna watch it? I'm not overly pumped for it, but I need my summer zombie fix. Tongue

Stephen King's The Mist starts June 22 which I'm pretty excited about, so hopefully it won't disappoint. If Mist is any good, I might just bag FTWD. I just am having a really hard time getting into the FTWD characters. But will probably give it another shot.
05-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Well there's so little on right now, I literally only have House of Cards (which I'm half way through and will finish soon), Silicon Valley (which I only get once a week) and Last Week Tonight. So maybe, if I run out of shit to watch during lunch and don't start watching Bate's Motel.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-06-2017, 06:51 PM
I watched the 2 hour season premier last night. It wasn't bad.

Won't spoil anything. The show has potential but TWD set the bar pretty high.
[+] 1 user Likes Mrhall1923's post
05-06-2017, 07:00 PM
(05-06-2017 06:51 PM)Mrhall1923 Wrote:  I watched the 2 hour season premier last night. It wasn't bad.

I watched it too-better than last season. Thumbsup WD is still my fave by far. I'm not so into the characters on FTWD. I also don't understand half of the decisions some of the characters make on FTWD, it kind of leaves you going wtf.
05-06-2017, 07:09 PM
(05-06-2017 07:00 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 06:51 PM)Mrhall1923 Wrote:  I watched the 2 hour season premier last night. It wasn't bad.

I watched it too-better than last season. Thumbsup WD is still my fave by far. I'm not so into the characters on FTWD. I also don't understand half of the decisions some of the characters make on FTWD, it kind of leaves you going wtf.

Yeah. I kinda like strand. But the rest are... meh. Don't want to spoil anything....
[+] 1 user Likes Mrhall1923's post