Fear of the Walking Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: Fear of the Walking Dead
I agree about the ranch. Good riddance, LOL! Smile

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
02-10-2017, 11:19 AM
(02-10-2017 11:18 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I agree about the ranch. Good riddance, LOL! Smile

Yeah, fuck you, Ranch! Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-10-2017, 08:26 PM
I think FWD is getting better! I liked this episode. I kinda saw this week's death coming since the actress who got killed off is pregnant in real life, so I kinda thought she might make an exit. I liked the ball pit scene--again they're getting creative and not rehashing old WD plots. That said, the new female character that was introduced tonight reminded me a lot of Michonne because she seems just as bad ass and was kind of a loner. And she has her weilding weapon of choice that she's skilled with. I'm seeing a Andrea/Michonne rehash a bit here--or maybe it's just me.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
08-10-2017, 08:51 PM
(08-10-2017 08:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think FWD is getting better! I liked this episode. I kinda saw this week's death coming since the actress who got killed off is pregnant in real life, so I kinda thought she might make an exit. I liked the ball pit scene--again they're getting creative and not rehashing old WD plots. That said, the new female character that was introduced tonight reminded me a lot of Michonne because she seems just as bad ass and was kind of a loner. And she has her weilding weapon of choice that she's skilled with. I'm seeing a Andrea/Michonne rehash a bit here--or maybe it's just me.

I haven't seen the episode, yet, but...

Gawdamit. Dodgy Ophelia? Angry Why'd SHE have to die? Facepalm The character was just about to get interesting given her perceived betrayal, by the others, having nearly killed Nick.

Honestly, I just don't want anything to happen to her father, the character Daniel. Angel If it turns him into an even bigger genocidal maniac, iz all good. Thumbsup
Laugh out load Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
09-10-2017, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 11:08 AM by Impulse.)
(08-10-2017 08:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think FWD is getting better! I liked this episode. I kinda saw this week's death coming since the actress who got killed off is pregnant in real life, so I kinda thought she might make an exit. I liked the ball pit scene--again they're getting creative and not rehashing old WD plots. That said, the new female character that was introduced tonight reminded me a lot of Michonne because she seems just as bad ass and was kind of a loner. And she has her weilding weapon of choice that she's skilled with. I'm seeing a Andrea/Michonne rehash a bit here--or maybe it's just me.
I thought it had its good and bad points. I agree the scene with the ball pit was good and, it's funny what you said about Michonne because I turned to my daughter when we were watching and I said "Michonne during the early days?" Laugh out load
When Ophelia died though, once again (as with other characters who have died), I barely cared. There just wasn't much character development with her yet and, now that she was finally back, they killed her off. I know she's pregnant and maybe that was why. But I also didn't like the way they did it having her die just before Daniel got to see her again. Maybe that was an attempt to elicit some emotion from the viewers, but I think it could have been more emotional if they had seen each other first and then she died almost immediately after.

I'm also getting a bit tired of Nick's drug addiction. I was happy when we got past all those episodes and now here we are again. Dodgy

Finally, that whole scene with Nick and Troy walking through the walkers infected was all wrong. They weren't covered in nearly as much guts as usual and they were talking and hugging in the middle which should have easily alerted the infected. I don't know why the same producers who seem meticulous about every detail with TWD keep getting careless with this spinoff.

(08-10-2017 08:51 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I haven't seen the episode, yet, but...
I agree with both of your spoilers.

Side note:
I don't use Instagram, but apparently there was an AMC Instagram post in the last few days that said there will be a crossover between TWD and FTWD at some point! That could be interesting. Yes I hope they do it right.

Edit:
Edited to fix the strikeout in the spoiler.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
09-10-2017, 10:24 AM
(09-10-2017 10:10 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
I thought it had its good and bad points. I agree the scene with the ball pit was good and, it's funny what you said about Michonne because I turned to my daughter when we were watching and I said "Michonne during the early days?" Laugh out load
When Ophelia died though, once again (as with other characters who have died), I barely cared. There just wasn't much character development with her yet and, now that she was finally back, they killed her off. I know she's pregnant and maybe that was why. But I also didn't like the way they did it having her die just before Daniel got to see her again. Maybe that was an attempt to elicit some emotion from the viewers, but I think it could have been more emotional if they had seen each other first and then she died almost immediately after.

I'm also getting a bit tired of Nick's drug addiction. I was happy when we got past all those episodes and now here we are again. Dodgy

Finally, that whole scene with Nick and Troy walking through the [strike]walkers[/strike] infected was all wrong. They weren't covered in nearly as much guts as usual and they were talking and hugging in the middle which should have easily alerted the infected. I don't know why the same producers who seem meticulous about every detail with TWD keep getting careless with this spinoff.

(08-10-2017 08:51 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I haven't seen the episode, yet, but...
I agree with both of your spoilers.

Side note:
I don't use Instagram, but apparently there was an AMC Instagram post in the last few days that said there will be a crossover between TWD and FTWD at some point! That could be interesting. Yes I hope they do it right.

I felt the same about the main character death. It was like "meh" then I went back to eating Ben & Jerry's. I do agree that oftentimes this new series seems phoned in. I do like that they are trying to implement some new zombie scenarios though. I just hope they don't start regurgitating characters.

Oh--and I agree with the Nick guts thing.

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
11-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Here's a short article about the coming crossover between TWD and FTWD.

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
11-10-2017, 10:58 AM
(11-10-2017 10:23 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Here's a short article about the coming crossover between TWD and FTWD.

How cool! Who do u think it's going to be? I know some website teased before that there might be an Andrea/Maddie connection. It will be cool to see what they do with all of that.

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-10-2017, 11:37 AM
(11-10-2017 10:58 AM)jennybee Wrote:  How cool! Who do u think it's going to be? I know some website teased before that there might be an Andrea/Maddie connection. It will be cool to see what they do with all of that.
I can think of several possibilities. They could do a flashback episode from before the apocalypse and show how 2 characters, one from each series, knew each other (that could be Andrea and Maddie). Or they could pick someone from early on in TWD that didn't die - like that family from the original camp in season 1 that chose not to go on to the CDC with the rest - and have them meet people in FTWD. I also think it would be cool if FTWD encounters a past villain from TWD. But, I can't think of one that isn't dead. Laugh out load Or a character from TWD could show up as a walker in FTWD. Blink

11-10-2017, 02:38 PM
I was just thinking they could also have someone like Michonne crossover to FTWD. There were 2 full seasons of TWD where she was elsewhere and could have run across someone from FTWD. That would be cool. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post