Fearing God Alone (satire)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2017, 04:44 AM
RE: Fearing God Alone (satire)
(05-01-2017 04:20 AM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  We were just starting to get into a better kind of conversation where you were raising legitimate concerns and questions and making good points directly related to my arguments, but now we are back to just throwing insults and not arguing and not even telling me where you think you see a fallacy. You are back to being a troll again. Very disappointing [...]

LOL... pot, meet kettle. Dodgy

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2017, 11:38 AM
(05-01-2017 04:20 AM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  But yes, you are right, just because the stories of the Gospels almost every time parallel a passage in Josephus does not mean it is a satire. It is the most likely answer, because satire is the one genera that requires you to imitate your subject matter very closely but in a more cartoonish sort of way

But even if you cannot appreciate the satire, that doesn't matter. Because I still show that the Gospel passages are derived from the works of Josephus, imitating a particular passage in Josephus, mostly the Wars of the Jews. Showing 80% of the Gospels are derived from Josephus is enough, even if it does not make you giggle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2017, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 07:25 PM by Chas.)
(05-01-2017 11:38 AM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 04:20 AM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  But yes, you are right, just because the stories of the Gospels almost every time parallel a passage in Josephus does not mean it is a satire. It is the most likely answer, because satire is the one genera that requires you to imitate your subject matter very closely but in a more cartoonish sort of way

But even if you cannot appreciate the satire, that doesn't matter. Because I still show that the Gospel passages are derived from the works of Josephus, imitating a particular passage in Josephus, mostly the Wars of the Jews. Showing 80% of the Gospels are derived from Josephus is enough, even if it does not make you giggle.

Or Josephus was writing satires of the Gospels. The argument goes the same, either way.
In fact, much (most?) of his writing post-dates the writings that became the New Testament.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
05-01-2017, 08:46 PM
(05-01-2017 07:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 11:38 AM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  But even if you cannot appreciate the satire, that doesn't matter. Because I still show that the Gospel passages are derived from the works of Josephus, imitating a particular passage in Josephus, mostly the Wars of the Jews. Showing 80% of the Gospels are derived from Josephus is enough, even if it does not make you giggle.

Or Josephus was writing satires of the Gospels. The argument goes the same, either way.
In fact, much (most?) of his writing post-dates the writings that became the New Testament.

Well...it is usually said that the gospels were written between 70-110 CE, yet I've never read any good evidence they were written this early, but I bow to all the scholars who say they were.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
05-01-2017, 08:48 PM
(05-01-2017 11:38 AM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  

"But even if you cannot appreciate the satire, that doesn't matter. Because I still show that the Gospel passages are derived from the works of Josephus,..."

Yep.